C8 Corvette or Used Exotic?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Were you expecting some quick article on which is better? A brand new C8 or a used exotic? Maybe a few pics or a short video?

Oh, no no no no no...

This is corona season when finding something to do that will kill a couple hours is gold.

Enjoy Tavarish, Hoovie and VinWiki as they buy three used exotics for less than the price of a C8 and then try to keep them running through several days of track and dyno experiments. Winner gets to keep their car.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
these were unbearable to watch. They tried WAY to hard to be like top gear. Even if intentional, it was cringe fest
The guys are definitely not used to working with each other. Each has their own distinctive style and watching them together is something like a DC Superhero crossover week.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I have a soft spot for a Ferrari 360. The C8 is the smarter buy, but I would kick tires hard on a 360 if I had the cash to buy another toy in that price range.

giphy.gif

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I love the C8, but there is just something about a gated shifter in an exotic that tickles my fancy.
The Gallardos have come down in price. But still not sure I'd want to buy one of the cheaper ones. If I did I'd definitely rather have a manual version than the single E-Clutch.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You leave out Trump but you bring in shitty content from people that normally do okay with their own channels but when sponsored to do this shit completely fail. This is terrible.
That whole series just showed these guys are clueless. At one point the guy with the lambo said a huge issues with all of them is you can't fill them with fuel quickly. That the pump shuts off all the time. That it takes 30 minutes to fill up a tank of gas. What the fuck are you talking about?

Turns out to "cheat" the the rules he bought a flood damage car to get a "better" exotic for the c8 money limit. Turns out the fuel tank vent filter was clogged with mud due to the flood. Not a surprise to any car guy.

So they clean the vent and go to fill it with fuel so they can hit the road. Then just after just a couple gallons they said the car wouldn't accept fuel and the pump shits off. So they kept filling it a couple of onces at a time as the pump would allow.

These fucking geniuses couldn't figure out the car that they just filled up with gas the night before had a full tank and are trying to shove more fuel into a full tank. They figured it out when the filler neck had fuel over flowing out of it. Are you kidding me? Fucking amazed. No basic knowledge of cars, of common sense, and yet these guys make a ton of cash releasing videos about cars. Where did I go wrong in life? haha

Anyways, anyone that says c8 in this thread should be ashamed of themselves. A hypothetical question of a dream car exotic or a cookie cutter vette? Ya right! :picard:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I watched 5 seconds of the first video but the guy with the skinny jeans and douchey voice is painful to watch. But based on that 5 second viewing, plus the comments, this is further proof that youtubers are all braindead and the fact that they make ridiculous money can only be attributed to a glitch in the matrix

The first vid alone is 30 minutes long. Who the fuck can watch these idiots talk for 30 minutes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info