C6 Z06?! Possibly!!!

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
When a dealership says they wont budge on price your more likely to get that BJ or anal sex from the female at the dealership......

Well at least that would be better than you taking it in the ass from some Stealership like most people that get the ol' anal reaming once that bill comes LOL!

Are u ever positive or have anything nice to say? U must have gotten raped by a dealership and are all sore now.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
If you are looking to keep it for a decent while, buy stock. "May have head work" is a red flag to me. LS7's are notorious to have valve issues and are extremely expensive to replace. I would not want to buy a Z06 with anything more than basic bolt-ons. It's better to have the cam put in yourself to ensure it's done right.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
You already stated the dealership will not budge on price. Along with, folks here are telling you to "run", not simply "walk", away from this Vette.

But if you insist, tell them you want the Vette, with your trade in, at ....

$15k OTD
1 year bumper to bumper warranty
Check for $3k to help cover the head work
$300 gift card to Capital Grill
2 tickets for a Blackhawks home game (on the glass)

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely throw low and stick to it.

And anal sex or a blow job from a female employee of your choice who works at the dealership.

I've been barking up that tree for years! If I would have known it was this easy, I would have bought a Vette years ago!

When a dealership says they wont budge on price your more likely to get that BJ or anal sex from the female at the dealership......

Well at least that would be better than you taking it in the ass from some Stealership like most people that get the ol' anal reaming once that bill comes LOL!

Yeah, I've always kind of had that feeling with dealerships since they are trying to make money. I was more so attracted to low car payments which is sometimes hard to get with private sales.

mmmm steve give me all your cobra parts!

Looking for VMP TVS?! ;) That and a 125 shot would be a fun little car!

My advice..... Look around and take your time. Oh and try selling your cobra privately to get the most money.

It took me well over a year of just looking around and searching the internet before I found my SOM trans am and boy did I get a home run. If I would have jumped at the first few I saw I would have gotten less of a car for around the same money. Check craigslist, talk with private owners on the cars. I would much rather buy a used Corvette from some 50 year old man with all maintenance records who took pride in his car, than from a dealer who has no idea where it came from.

Money talks, you will get a better deal on a pvt sale

Good call! I'll definitely look around. I've been poking around CF since about February trying to find something new.

That's a bit more than what I would "like" to pay. Regardless, it seems that I should pay a bit more for a less mile with more known history.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I guess another option is to do a LS3 C6 and just boost to the sky...

If you dont mind boost, this is the way to go. But if you want to match that level but stay NA, then get the Z. I would personally get an 2010 or newer because of the higher capacity of the dry sump tank. There are tons of other newer updates for the 08+ and even the 2010+ and the 2012+ cars. But I would want 2010 or newer. The 2012 cars have nicer interior parts and seats too.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
You've got to pay to play and going cheap will cost you more in the long run.

Yeah, that's usually how it goes. I was mostly just seeing if this was a good deal, but without anal I think it's out of the question. I'll let them know 30K, no higher- the worst that they say is no and we move on.

Then I'd just buy a Z with lower miles and the heads NOT done. Save a few bucks on the purchase and immediately toss H/C/I on the car along with a set of headers and just ROCK SOCKS with that bitch!

I like your style Dan! Now I just need to find a steal price. I'm not dying to buy a new car, I just am bored and don't want to take the next step up in the Cobra. I was thinking a little spray on top as well :pedobear:

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Yeah, that's exactly why I'm trying to get input from everyone to see what they say. I initially looked around and thought that it was a good deal, but I wasn't too sure on the realistic prices of Corvette prices with all of the "higher side" prices out there. Honestly, if it wasn't for the rest of the people chiming in and helping out, I would probably be picking up that z06 tomorrow!

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
I'm actually really surprised no one asked for pics!

***I also forgot to mention the fast 102 intake and TB. They said they will buy Kooks catted pipes and pay for install with a tune to pass emissions. Not sure if this makes a difference in anyone's opinion, but I thought I would disclose everything.

Weston Auto Gallery 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

This 2008 Corvette Z06 is an absolute beast! The 7.0-liter V8 makes 505 hp stock, and with some performance mods, this C6Z makes well over 600 hp! A large cam makes this Z06 sound amazing, and other mods include Kooks long-tube headers, FAST intake manifold and throttle body. Driving this car is an adrenalin rush every time you hit the gas. Inside is all comfort with heated leather seats, navigation, Bluetooth audio, power memory seats, and more. A clean Carfax report is included, and we have just inspected and serviced this Corvette. We sell many Corvettes here and this is by far the quickest, including new Z06 and C6 ZR1. You must come see this Z06 — it will not last long! Weston Auto Gallery has many great financing options for your good or not-so-good credit. Call, email, text, or come in for more information.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Wait a minute you say your not sure if its had the head mod done but its modded with cam headers and intake? Over 600 hp? Sure hope them heads were done! If its already been opened up it would be a shame to not have them done!

Your confusing. :roflpicard:

Typical dealership comment at the end makes me laugh.

We sell many Corvettes here and this is by far the quickest, including new Z06 and C6 ZR1. You must come see this Z06 — it will not last long! Weston Auto Gallery has many great financing options for your good or not-so-good credit. Call, email, text, or come in for more information.

Quicker than a new Z06 and C6 Zr1 huh? :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I guess if its already decently modded I could understand the urge to pull the trigger. Just like any other modded vehicle/toy just be prepared to fix it when it breaks.

After all its just a pushrod V8 how complicated can it be. :s00ls:

Edit and ohh I supposed with your trade in value your looking at what a note little over 20k? Guess I could swallow that and live with it.

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Wait a minute you say your not sure if its had the head mod done but its modded with cam headers and intake? Over 600 hp? Sure hope them heads were done! If its already been opened up it would be a shame to not have them done!

Your confusing. :roflpicard:

Typical dealership comment at the end makes me laugh.

We sell many Corvettes here and this is by far the quickest, including new Z06 and C6 ZR1. You must come see this Z06 — it will not last long! Weston Auto Gallery has many great financing options for your good or not-so-good credit. Call, email, text, or come in for more information.

Quicker than a new Z06 and C6 Zr1 huh? :rofl:

I assumed that those heads would be done, but someone informed me that there are actually people that will cut corners and not do the heads, even with a mod list like that. With people these days, I honestly wouldn't put it past them.

I thought a well put together Z06 can run with a bone stock ZR1 without a problem. I don't know much about the new Z06s though... Someone else can probably chime in on that.

I guess if its already decently modded I could understand the urge to pull the trigger. Just like any other modded vehicle/toy just be prepared to fix it when it breaks.

After all its just a pushrod V8 how complicated can it be. :s00ls:

Edit and ohh I supposed with your trade in value your looking at what a note little over 20k? Guess I could swallow that and live with it.

LOL, Yeah, I have a problem with modding toys. If it breaks, iron block LSX?! :pedobear:

I would also be making a solid down payment so my monthly would be low.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Slowly but surely you just might convince me this is a good idea LOL!

Ohh and it would be cheaper and easier to fix than that mod motor in your mustang so +1 more point for that HAHA!

Ok Ok I'll cave in and say go for it ONLY if you do a burnout directly after its off the lot then go have a good burger and a beer since I cant do any of the above in shithole Afghanistan I'd be sincerely jealous! FML!

K0R3AN

I Love Lamp!
Apr 29, 2008
Denver, CO
Lol, I'm not trying to convince anyone its a good idea ;), I am just looking at my optimistic viewpoints and reasons!

I respect the words and members of this board and if the majority tells me not to, I'll stick to it.

Thank you for your service over seas! Even if I don't get the car, I'll still have a burger and beer for ya.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info