Bug Bug Report / Features Request

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Tried again and got in :dunno: I had tried 3 or 4 times prior
I have a fix for this.

Open Firefox and type "about:config" in the address bar. Hit enter.

In the search type "security.mix" you'll get 4 options. Change the first from true to false and the second from false to true. That will fix it.

Screenshot_20190920-073446.png

Reactions: Mook

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I think I may have found a small glitch.
When typing a reply, then expanding the smileys list with the down arrow control, selecting a smiley, then clicking the green "Post reply" button, it gets stuck and won't post until you collapse the smileys list.
?

In fact, I can reliably reproduce it and just did when typing the above. I'm using Edge.
Obviously, not a show stopper, but I thought I'd mention it.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So, just now I realized that the email in my account was waayyyyy outdated... So I changed it.

Then I went to post a response in a thread and I was locked out until I confirmed my email.

Is this necessary for existing users? I get a newly registered member needed verification, but a known member just changing an email addy?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So, just now I realized that the email in my account was waayyyyy outdated... So I changed it.

Then I went to post a response in a thread and I was locked out until I confirmed my email.

Is this necessary for existing users? I get a newly registered member needed verification, but a known member just changing an email addy?
Yes it is. It is a security feature. If someone hacked your account, how would you know the email was changed and your account was effected?

Reactions: EmersonHart13

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This isn't VBB Lane

No wai!! I was saying that I don't recall Vbb doing that. Maybe it did, I just don't recall.

Yes it is. It is a security feature. If someone hacked your account, how would you know the email was changed and your account was effected?

I generated the email change here by making the change in my account details! After doing that, it locked me out from posting here until I went, logged in to that seperate email account and verified. So the only place that would've been impacted via any hack would've been here to begin with. The source of the change was made here, so unless my account here got hacked, this wouldn't/shouldn't matter.

I get the safeguard on the posting here though until verification. I'm simply asking is it a necessary security protocol when the email change takes place here by an already authorized/existing member.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
how in the world do i get my phone to STOP using the app!!

I hate the phone app I always have. Doesnt matter the site doesnt matter the version all forum apps suck.

I open tcg in normal google and anytime i click anything it defaults and opens another window to the TCG app its insanely annoying!

Mook Mook or anyone please educate me how to stop this TCG app nonsense its garbage!

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
You just need to clear your default apps. Getting there is a bit different on some phones but easiest way:

Long press on tapatalk or our app (depending on which one you're using) > app info > open by default and make sure its not set to do anything "always".

If you dont have that option, let me know and I'll go over a second method.

Thread Info