đź“° Auto News BREAKING NEWS: GM kills High-performance Division

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
let me begin for you... impala SS vs Avalon...

impala interior...
first off, what gear am i in? i cant tell... the hard plastic shifter with the glossy plastic doesnt have a gear indicator (looks real good too...:ugh:

second.. various parts of the dash have the glossiest hardest plasic that literally still has the flashing marks where the edges of the mold came together.. quality at its finest...

third.. the gauges are the most plain pieces of shit i have ever seen.. im bored of just looking at them! GM's answer to make them "SS"? they made them italicized and put a small chrome ring around them, to break it up from the fake leather texture plastic.

fourth.. look at the radio and climate control... the cheeziest semi-automatic climate control ever.. whats the temp set at? i dont know.. there is no display for it... and then the radio. yup thats a radio, yawn.... wheres my navigation system? oh, thats right... it isnt even an available option.. (may be a good thing if you have ever seen GM's joke of a navi unit). even then, the radio is the EXACT same one in the cobalt... GM's entry level car!

impalassinterior.jpg

now see how all this isnt a problem with the toyota (which i hate with a passion by the way)
avaloninterior.jpg

please try and prove me wrong and tell me that the imp is a nicer car and i can start getting into the actual mechanicals of the car too and then you will really be embarrassed to favor the chevy

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
While I agree that the interior of the impala sux, I feel the toyota's interior is also full of fail, but that is all personal opinion, I haven't really seen more than one or two new cars that the interior actually seems nice to me.........

And before anyone says anything, I know I drive a Gp, and I will never claim they have the best looking interior

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
While I agree that the interior of the impala sux, I feel the toyota's interior is also full of fail, but that is all personal opinion, I haven't really seen more than one or two new cars that the interior actually seems nice to me.........

And before anyone says anything, I know I drive a Gp, and I will never claim they have the best looking interior

yea, im not saying the toyota is the best interior... its just a car in the same class for the same price that is embarrassingly better. i wouldnt buy one, im a honda guy. 6 speed 2 door accord ex please! 14.1 quarter mile times are pretty sweet for a giant honda

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
yea, im not saying the toyota is the best interior... its just a car in the same class for the same price that is embarrassingly better. i wouldnt buy one, im a honda guy. 6 speed 2 door accord ex please! 14.1 quarter mile times are pretty sweet for a giant honda

I do really really like the new accord, on the outside, and mechanically.... something about Honda's new interiors just doesn't sit right with me, I can't pick it out.....

08accord_lxpsed_int.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
V8 Colorado would have been sick.

if colorados werent junk, i would agree... i know i sound bitchy tonight but the current Wbody and the colorado/canyon are GM's biggest fail in recent memory and i am passionate about letting everybody know...

heres a prime example.. low mileage, well maintained colorado
n651809339_1456455_4843.jpg

n651809339_1456456_8769.jpg

needed entire head replaced because of a design flaw.. they didnt harden the valve seats on certain vin sequences... this is not the first one in my shop and it wont be the last... now i ask you... how did GM think they could get away with not using hardened valve seats with unleaded fuel?

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I do really really like the new accord, on the outside, and mechanically.... something about Honda's new interiors just doesn't sit right with me, I can't pick it out.....

08accord_lxpsed_int.jpg

thats the base interior and i agree somewhat... but the only interior i would pay money for, the EX navi, looks just fine to me. BTW honda navi works like a dream!
08accord_exlsed_int.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Whoa, what's going on in here.

The high-performance lineup is still intact and there are a lot of good performance cars from GM out there now. Because there likely won't be many all-new vehicles to come out anyways I don't think they're losing much by axing the performance division.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Well, here's some good news:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS safe from HPVO shuttering

When General Motors made the announcement yesterday that it was shutting down it High Performance Vehicle Operations, a few questions surfaced about what would happen to the models that haven't hit dealers but are still in the pipeline. While the answers seemed obvious to us (development's done so they're still on the way), GM spokesman Vince Muniga sought to address the concerns of enthusiasts.

Muniga told InsideLine that the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS is coming out and "is not threatened at all." Furthermore, and just as obvious, the Cadillac CTS-V, Cobalt SS and HHR SS will soldier on until their production run ends, and vehicles like the Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 – all of which were developed as regular production models, not through HPVO – are safe.

The 60 or so engineers behind the HPVO team are still receiving paychecks with Wagoner's signature and have begun working on everything from passenger vehicles to crossovers. According to Muniga, "We're not going to let those talents go to waste."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info