Denver
Real Name
Joel
Fuck breakfast boy

1600430962809.gif

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
This is the story of how my wife ruined Breaking Bad for me.

So I had heard all the hoopla about Breaking Bad towards the end of season 2. I found seasons 1 and 2 online or on AMC or on demand, IDK. Set it to record after that and started to watch it and did a binge of seasons 1-3 shortly after season 3 aired. Good shit man. Told everyone I know about it, including the wife. Season 4 came, and oh shit, Gus Fringe is the man! Season 4 finale, OMG!

I tell everyone. . blah blah. Wife finally comes on board at some point between seasons 3/4 and the final season and starts watching it.

Season 5a (2012) happens and man, what a cliffhanger.

Over the next year, I decide to do a massive rewatch and start from season 1 and go all the way through in the weeks leading up to the final episode so that it's all fresh in my mind. I get through most of it and 2 weeks before the final episode, I say I'm going to wait and binge the last 2 episodes on the night of the last episode. I start watching the previous weeks episode just before the last episode airs live, so that I can fast forward through all the commercials on the DVR recording.

The episode is about to start and I ask the wife if she's going to watch the last episode tonight (it's a sunday night, at this point we have 3 year old twins and by Sunday night we're all tired as fuck) and she says no, she's going to bed and will watch it later. This is where shit went downhill.

So I start watching the 2nd to last episode and go to the DVR and hit play on the recording of the final episode that's airing live. It's about 8:45-8:50 when I start the recording, so about 10-13 minutes left of the episode. I start it and I'm trying to soak it all in and let this multi year journey of Breaking Bad wash over me. Walt and Jesse. Bacon on a plate over eggs. Fucking Skylar. Science bitch! Todd's nazi uncles, etc.

The final episode starts and I'm confused but you know Vince Gilligan and staff have never steered us wrong in this show. Whatever, I'm just watching. Walt is fighting with Jesse and hits the ground and the car remote and fucking guns. Wow, what a way to start an episode. Walt and Jesse in the lab and wait, is Walt dead? THAT'S HOW YOU'RE GOING TO OPEN UP THE FINAL EPISODE.

Fade to black

Credits

What
The
FUCK?

As I'm saying that to myself, she comes downstairs and sees me confused and sees the credits roll.

yeah, the wife had started watching the recording and when I hit play it must have been the exact moment that it was back from the last commercial break.

So I went from the build up Seasons 1-5b and to the final episode, only to skip about 40 minutes of build up. My favorite show of all time**. That I LOVE. The ending was and is forever tainted for me.

RUINED

**Well, sometimes watching Better Call Saul makes me love that show even more than Breaking Bad. Both are sooooo fucking good. The wife has not watched Better Call Saul. She can't ruin that one when it comes back. No way.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Flyn and Dan00Hawk
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info