Bought my first ATV

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Bo0jl8z8Yq3S2qh94Yt4way-5UN8qsfmfoLqjDoqcL0fgg1qAhuqgqG0uCw-SxQMz7tbI6c7DFbKJ6lA9vUaN4lXuuDKbKrkug3NCA574z-Lh-XMHmH9Am8aCTMyRuU5cHY4yEpJTg=w2400

Reactions: DEEZUZ and Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Well I got the new rope set up on the plow, and got a chance to try it out Monday.

20191111_191312-X3.jpg

This worked better than either of the other setups for sure! I went out and tried plowing for the first time. Unfortunately some asshole delivery driver drove all over my damn driveway in the middle of the day. Like up and down multiple times, turned around, etc. So most of my driveway was already frozen solid by the time I got out there. Still worked pretty well all things considered. I need to figure out a good pattern for getting it done that's for sure. I did more driving around than was needed trying to figure out how to deal with some areas. The driveway is kind of hour glass shaped, and I cant push snow off the sides everywhere. So its a matter of dealing with the shape and the spaces I need to move the snow from before clearing it. I am sure I will have plenty of opportunity to get it figured out this winter :D

I am also really looking forward to those heated grips :D Even with thick gloves on, my hands were getting pretty cold in the 45 minutes I was out there. I need to get a spreader for salt too. I am thinking just a cheap push type, but something to cover the drive evenly. I have a feeling I will be dealing with a layer of ice all winter otherwise.

Sean

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Had to move everything around this weekend, so here is a gratuitous shot of my ride

i-TsK88Fg-X4.jpg

I also noticed that the one dog was adjusted higher than the other, so my blade was not scraping the ground. I fixed that, so now we wait for snow again :D

For anyone wondering, it is even more fun beating on it in snow! My buddy came by to help me move the car and when I went in the grass it slid a little so we dropped the plow and tore up my grass even more for a while.

This thing just keeps paying for itself :D

Sean

Reactions: Yaj Yak and BS ISF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
This thing has been way more fun than I expected it to be. Also super useful to have around the house. Not that I have a huge property, but its nice to be able to load it up with stuff to move it around. My neighbor has also been cutting trails in the property across the street from me giving us some fun stuff to ride without having to load up and bring them somewhere. Anyway here are some random pics

i-g9mQd7L-X4.jpg

i-vXFNzbW-X4.jpg

i-bWKL2Ns-X4.jpg

i-jTwN4SS-X4.jpg

Yesterday I took it across the street and wanted to get some pics of it, and just mess around. So I snapped a couple shots.
i-dCBvxRQ-X4.jpg

i-td5QKfL-X4.jpg

Then on my way back I wanted to see how bad the mud was in this one section. It looked muddy, but like I should get through it. It was a bit softer than I expected.
i-PN6WGQP-X4.jpg

i-LJwgkQF-X4.jpg

No big deal, just hopped off and tied the winch off to a tree got out pretty easy.
i-6fZhbTh-X4.jpg

Hosed off about 100lbs of mud, and shes ready to rip again
i-x39hx6M-X4.jpg

I am really trying to figure out how to get and store a second one. We borrowed my neighbors on Saturday when my sister and her family were over, and it was nice having two. For now I will just keep racking up the hours on this one :)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It does pretty well for being a utility quad for sure. I have done some wheelies in it, but I try not to. Ive had it up to 65 going down the road a few times though :) I wonder what year that one is, has an R1 style tail light which looks nice. Hopefully it just needs to dry out and it'll fire back up.

yeah he leans back hard and nails it and it comes right up, pretty hilarious.

he did get it to refire too luckily :rofl:

he's lucky he didnt get hurt, he was riding on a steep shoreline in the water and it rolled into the lake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info