v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
1640005362584.png

Honestly, I just needed some cheap stocking stuffer ideas. This popped up when I typed "3800" on ebay in hopes of finding some cool old dealer props for my man cave. To be honest, I was judging this book hard by it's cover, and almost didn't ask for it. Then I saw the authors. I've met Roberta and one of the folks mentioned in the introduction after the GS Nats a couple years ago. The stories they had about Detroit and Buick in the 70s and 80s were pretty awesome to hear.

I'm about half-way in. It's not for the casual enthusiast. I'm a Buick fanboi to the max, and I'm particularly interested in their history from the late 60s to mid 90s. Even for me, this book is a dry read in parts. All the talk about cross-functional roles and quality collaborations between engineers and plant workers makes me feel like I'm reading one of the quarterly work emails about our CEOs ideologies. However, there are a lot of cool bits about how the V6 came to be, how it rose to the top, how the Buick V8 was phased out, and a lot of the politics that influenced it all. I'm making a coffee table out of a 3800 right now, so I'll probably toss it on there when I'm done and reference it when I get into my occasional 3.8 history pissing match.

Most of you 3800 guys will not enjoy this book, but it's probably the only one like it. ? You can get them new on ebay and Amazon. I think they're all signed as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• v6buicks
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list