Boat, y u no start??

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Well, got it to start.... the breaker on top of the engine (previously mentioned) was bad, when I pushed it in to reset it would just pop back out, simply didn't realize it was releasing right away and thought it was fine.

AND NOW THE NEW PROBLEM!

The starter doesn't disengage...... let me try and explain this as best I can... when you start the boat and let it idle in neutral, the starter doesn't disengage and freewheels with the flywheel. BUT when you put it in gear it disengages and turns off. However, when you put it back in gear, it turns back on and tries to reconnect with the flywheel, making the typical "it's already started" starter grind. Put it back in gear, goes off, out of gear, back on, etc...

I know this has to do with the safety which wont let you start the boat in gear, as that's whats killing off the starter.... so i'm thinking it's either the starter solenoid, relay, or the ignition tumbler itself.

By the way the starter is new as of last August.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info