TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
n220401280_30760167_1452.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
nice, your already a step ahead with the gt40 heads and intake. im not positive but pretty sure you can swap rear ends with the exploder too, with minimal modifications. lot of them came with a 3.73 posi with discs, not a bad upgrade if you ask me.

its a 99 motor, so its actually the GT40p heads (a SPEC better)

I'm afraid the rear-ends are not interchangable, the exploder frame is wider, as well as it has a different suspension setup than my Ranger (something to the extent that the 'torsion bar' suspension in pre-98 rangers is the same as the explorer, so mines not QUITE a drop in swap?) but my 7.5 will hold fine with an automatic until I pull the 8.8 out of any 4X4 ranger.

Its going to get a 4:10 rear eventually, as well as a E303 mild cam, and some big&fat stickies out back. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the rear suspension yet, but thats about where I'm at. No huge goals, mid/low 14's without the cam or 4:10 I hope. Once I can get it to dead-hook at the track, and get some 'decent' times out of the setup, I'll spray the piss out of it and aim for 12's :noes:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info