BIG changes to Best Buy...

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Plenty of room for an elephant in the room.

I miss the old days of tight aisles and lots of products in stock.

image2.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Microcenter is so much nicer than BB. Plus MC has maker sections and carry 3D printer filament, and Raspberry pi and other maker boards and so on and so forth. Also scored my 1070 card from there when I couldnt find one anywhere else at the time.
Yeah they are good about managing graphic card stock. They limit people to 1 and actually stick to it, especially during the crypto mining bang

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
PC components are one of the few things i'll go to a store and buy. if a component is bad out of the box i can drive to a store and return it.
i drive past frys and best buy to go to microcenter. they always have what i need and at a great price. customer service there is great too despite how busy they are.
frys stock has been pretty pathetic lately. my mouse bit the dust last month so i decided to make a quick stop at frys. nothing was in stock and the shelves were trashed. i couldnt get anyone to check for stock either. ended up driving to MC and getting what i wanted.

also monitors.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welco....google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/

Best Buy’s fourth quarter 2017 report is a joy. The company reported strong sales for the quarter and the year. Sales increased in the quarter by 14% to $15.4 billion and were up 7% for the full year to $42.2 billion. That is a great achievement in view of the strong competition in many of its classifications. Comparable sales growth for the quarter was 9.0% and 5.6% for the year. The company increased its dividend 32%, from $0.34 to $0.45.

lulz

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
We DESPERATELY need a DIY shop up here now that Radio Shack is gone.

Tired of having to order pins and terminations off Amazon or whatever other DIY shit I need (fuck, like push-twist AGC fuse holders for the old speakers I just refurbished). MC and Fry's obviously do just well with DIY stuff, don't see why BB can't do the same and go back to what they were known for instead of another appliance store. If they seriously did that I'd be there all the time buying the little stuff that doesn't exist in a store besides an hour away.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
We DESPERATELY need a DIY shop up here now that Radio Shack is gone.

Tired of having to order pins and terminations off Amazon or whatever other DIY shit I need (fuck, like push-twist AGC fuse holders for the old speakers I just refurbished). MC and Fry's obviously do just well with DIY stuff, don't see why BB can't do the same and go back to what they were known for instead of another appliance store. If they seriously did that I'd be there all the time buying the little stuff that doesn't exist in a store besides an hour away.
:werd:

Unless you have a commercial account and can order 100s from a local joint, nobody sells them to consumers in single pieces and MC/Frys is really the only ones out there that I am aware of. Ill also sometimes try auto parts stores but rarely that works out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info