Big changes are coming... v.expecting AngusJr.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Congrats Aaron!!

He is also repeating everything so i gotta stop saying fuck and cunt all the time.:rollpicard:

Congrats!!

:rofl: it's bad to say, but isn't it funny as hell when they say it? My fiancé's 4 year old catches certain words when we let them slip out of our mouths or her grandparent's mouths...and most of the time I have to cover my face to hide the laughter

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Thanks everyone! I'm ready for the change but have heard from many places that your world doesn't turn up-side-down. You priorities change though and I'm fine with that.

We did go baby registry shopping this past weekend and wow, there is so much crap you can spend so much money on...

:bigthumb:

Just a little tip for the baby shower registry. Don't register for infant clothes. People will buy you those regardless and they grow REALLY quickly the first 6 months, so you won't even use lots of the clothes you get. Then all of the sudden they are a year or 18 months old and you have no clothes that fit anymore. Register for 12-24 month clothes like it's your job.

Another thing, formula is EXPENSIVE. Much more so that diapers or wipes. If your wife is up for breast feeding for the first year it can save A LOT of money, burns calories for her (drops baby weight FAST), and provides your baby with mom's antibodies. Oh and breast milk poop doesn't smell nearly as putrid as formula poop.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think we were about four days past our initial due date. Our son was born on Superbowl Sunday.

I remember the night before, we were eating some KFC and watching some DIY show. She said she felt weird and that she thought her water just broke. Sure enough, it did. We grabbed our bags and flew to the hospital at 11pm.

They gave her the epidural and the little guy came out at 8:41am the next morning.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The kid will come out WHEN IT'S DAMN WELL READY TO, MMMK?

Not sure how I've missed this thread... Congrats man! Like Vogz said, the first kid usually stays in the oven a bit longer. Just keep in touch with the doc and make sure they're ok leaving the timer running so to speak. :D

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Goodluck to you and your wife. We are expecting again too. Due in 4 weeks, but the wife is already dilated and mucus plug out. Its just a waiting game. No matter what the rules of the hospital or whatever, get lots of pics of the environment and all the neat stuff they do right during and after the little one comes out. I got pics of both ours on the scale with the weight showing on the screen, and the first diaper being installed and so on. It was a blast and its awesome looking back and seeing the whole room and atmosphere again. This time is when your life takes that next step/direction.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
My new daughter, Alexandra Grace Smith, came last week on the 25th! We didn't know the gender beforehand, but were really feeling like it was going to be a boy. We were both kinda in shock when it was a girl, but are happy that she is :)

She weighed in at 9.0 lbs, was 23 inches long, and is perfectly healthy.

DSC_0336-2_zpstq8npoia.jpg

20140225_170304_zpsv6wssrja.jpg

She was due the 19th and the 25th was the inducement date. Wife woke up at 4:30 am on the 25th with contractions and off we went to the Hinsdale Hospital (~45 min from home....)

Got in the delivery room at 7:30am, had the baby at 12:30pm. Everything went very well and the hospital was amazing.

It's a huge life change but I couldn't be happier! Just wanted to share with TCG :)

More Pics:

20140304_101907_zpsshpb8avr.jpg

20140304_213710_zpsuofxvtfw.jpg

10004074_10202045794163431_1468450195_n.jpg

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Many congrats to you and your wife.

My son will turn 11 months in a couple weeks and it has been an amazing experience watching him grow and form his personality. He's such a flirt with the ladies and the funniest kid I've ever met.

Being a father is awesome and I can't wait until he gets a little older to start doing things with him. Along with [MENTION=63]blakbearddelite[/MENTION], I'm also constantly in my kids face hugging and kissing him and just generally showing him how much I love him.

My one piece of advice, search on Youtube for "Happiest Baby On The Block." It helped my wife and I immensely and will give you some great pointers on calming a screaming baby down.

Good luck and congrats again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info