big boy in my yard

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
this is my cat and i waiting for pizza. good thing i have enough in me already for this fat gut to offer protection against dem claws.

her tum is growing back the hair after being shaven for a spay operation

When my youngest cat starts kneading with the claws. o_O Them claws go through everything except for jeans. Regular shirts are no obstical. They pierce the shirt and feel like tiny tazers while leaving pinholes everywhere on my skin.

And she's only being affectionate, not mean.

The older cats have learned not to knead with so much force, so it doesn't hurt as much. But the claws are just as sharp as when they were young.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Hi Kitty

Yesterday mine, aka Milo
Grabbed me, started biting, would not stop..

Those claws n teeth are sharp ???

my kittay policy is to stop what i'm doing and ignore them if they bite me, if it's anything more than the gentlest nibble to stop or change something. i don't do the kinda play fight or rough anything with hands (toy ok but no hands) and this usually ends up making them nice kitties who don't get rough with you.

Would your cat attack a lizard or snake or vice versa?

there is a monitor lizard who slumps around my yard, i see him every 10+ days or so. i think they generally stay away from eachother and hope they do, their mouths are fucked up so even a chomp she got away from could turn bad.

there is a pretty firm thicc boi cat that lives at the guard tower here, i've heard them meowing to eachother and gone down to break up fights 3x now and chase that one away. my girl seems bolder than she should be cuz that cat looks like one scrappy fucker and i'm sure his muay thai is much more practiced. cats in a legit fight do seem to get pretty vicious, seen some occasional results at the shelter where i come in for my shift and find a chonk missing out of a kitty.

i would think it would not be good for house cat to tangle with a lot of snakes, but they can kill them. at the cheetah place i was at, an african wild cat (looks like a normal house cat) killed a snake, and the servals (2nd fastest, high jumpy bois) seemed to do it more frequently. neither have any kind of immunity protection or anything either. they bring out their striking game for snakeys

When my youngest cat starts kneading with the claws. o_O Them claws go through everything except for jeans. Regular shirts are no obstical. They pierce the shirt and feel like tiny tazers while leaving pinholes everywhere on my skin.

And she's only being affectionate, not mean.

The older cats have learned not to knead with so much force, so it doesn't hurt as much. But the claws are just as sharp as when they were young.

she seems quite conscious of them around me, like never had a scratch if she's climbing on me, or sliding off, picking her up and doing anything with her, etc. there is a bebe kitten at the shelter now though and she's definitely less aware when climbing around me.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
my kittay policy is to stop what i'm doing and ignore them if they bite me, if it's anything more than the gentlest nibble to stop or change something. i don't do the kinda play fight or rough anything with hands (toy ok but no hands) and this usually ends up making them nice kitties who don't get rough with you.

there is a monitor lizard who slumps around my yard, i see him every 10+ days or so. i think they generally stay away from eachother and hope they do, their mouths are fucked up so even a chomp she got away from could turn bad.

there is a pretty firm thicc boi cat that lives at the guard tower here, i've heard them meowing to eachother and gone down to break up fights 3x now and chase that one away. my girl seems bolder than she should be cuz that cat looks like one scrappy fucker and i'm sure his muay thai is much more practiced. cats in a legit fight do seem to get pretty vicious, seen some occasional results at the shelter where i come in for my shift and find a chonk missing out of a kitty.

i would think it would not be good for house cat to tangle with a lot of snakes, but they can kill them. at the cheetah place i was at, an african wild cat (looks like a normal house cat) killed a snake, and the servals (2nd fastest, high jumpy bois) seemed to do it more frequently. neither have any kind of immunity protection or anything either. they bring out their striking game for snakeys

she seems quite conscious of them around me, like never had a scratch if she's climbing on me, or sliding off, picking her up and doing anything with her, etc. there is a bebe kitten at the shelter now though and she's definitely less aware when climbing around me.

Yup, I too do not play fight or get rough with any of my critters.
I pet Milo, he gets aggressive, I tell him to stop, I pull away and
Bleed

:rofl:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my cat is murdering the fuck out of shit lately

did get her to play with some tubes and scratching posts

she keeps killing these lizards and is bringing them to me and is quite proud of this fact

another morning

iwRQsbw.jpg

then this morning, woke up to see absolute chaos, thought she destroyed a pillow or something, but nope

Reactions: Blood on Blood

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
my villa manager is going to take my cat, although we keep missing eachother when she can come and when i can actually catch my cat. i'm low on food and will use it as bait to catch her in this basket; kitty is not happy about this and lets me know i'm failing to do my job. i went out for lunch and came back to hearing crunching noises to find her making a mess and showing to me that she still knows how to do her job perfectly well when i fail.

Oli7xOH.jpg

needless to say she was neither hungry nor around when the villa manager was hoping to drop by today to pick her up.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
alas, i am back now and despite being a low season and still covid going on a bit, my dealz are never to be had again. the amount i paid for my villa on the beach looking out over the sea for a month is now not enough to pay for it even in this low season for a week. i don't actually think it's occupied all the time, but they just need a few bookings for a few days here or there and they make the cost up.

i stayed at an ok-ish apartment for a bit, but not pleased with the location. here's looking out over the pool and some monkeys one morning.

i'm now at a villa house and cat sitting. it also has some roaming monkeys.

in 3 weeks i'll need to get back to my own place. villa complex has a nice house i like for about $830 at current exchange rates. although i'm looking at a place that is a little more, less walkable, and more like a double studio apartment - but has its own gym that is open whenever. my gym right now opens at 8; if i had an on site gym that i could use at 5 though, it would probably improve my sleep during the day schedule quite a bit. so i will probably end up there.

i can only get the $830 house until high season anyway, when they'll try to rent it out to short term stays for more. since the fed upped rates the dollar has been doing well vs. the baht, so things have become meaningfully cheaper for me over here. eg. when i arrived i got around 30 baht per dollar, now i'm getting over 36.

it's hard for me to imagine giving this place up at 30 for the other place that is just a double studio for more money, but i also couldn't stay here longer than 2 months at this price.

6be5f5bd-6280-46de-a803-49722f044886.jpeg

3eea07d4-bdc7-4cc8-a27d-a2a09dae6e27.jpeg

4815b7ae-2e8a-4a24-a261-f373fb1484ef.jpeg

694c0366-6d47-469c-9762-c8d2217f5b7d.jpeg

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
fucking asshole monkeys crushed my rush today. i got some packages for my protein pancakes, which was monkfruit/erythritol sweetener and some low cal pancake syrup. the fucking monkeys ripped open both boxes and just dumped the sweetener everywhere. they punctured the syrup and seemed to drink/spill half of it. they knocked over the laundry drying thing outside and a couple of bikes, left some turds too. lil fuckers. like $20 worth of muh shit for mah cakes

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
fucking asshole monkeys crushed my rush today. i got some packages for my protein pancakes, which was monkfruit/erythritol sweetener and some low cal pancake syrup. the fucking monkeys ripped open both boxes and just dumped the sweetener everywhere. they punctured the syrup and seemed to drink/spill half of it. they knocked over the laundry drying thing outside and a couple of bikes, left some turds too. lil fuckers. like $20 worth of muh shit for mah cakes
Im sorry mint. But this is to fckn funny. Go monkeys!!!!

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Lmmfao
In that first video posted of the monkeys hanging out near your pool. If you were to go down and jump in the pool. Would the monkeys still hang out or would they take off?
those fuckers actually trashed some stuff on the first floor too. one of the things was ripping open a bag of cat food and blasting it everywhere. plenty of food in the trees here, they are just being mischievous shits. they will run away as you approach generally though. if they bite you you're kinda fucked and need to get a ton of shots over like 8 weeks or something. there is a monkey temple in one city where i went and had them crawling all over me, eventually some thai guy will poke and prod them off once they go from kinda cute to mostly annoying. these ones are totally used to humans and people giving them food too.

due to no tourists during covid, the monkeys that live at the temple got into large scale fights with the street monkeys that just live outside it on the streets

Reactions: IZZy and Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info