Best Super Cheap Beater Car w/ Amazing Gas Mileage

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
god damn are you running e85 or just wot everyware lol

60 lbs injectors, 300 lph fuel pump, 4.10 gears, 5 speed trans, tuned slightly more on the rich side for safety, and me getting on it have to do something with it! :lmao: I am sure there is some tuning room for mpg's, but I am not too concerned about it. I did not build this car to get better gas mileage.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I'll get on the Saturn train. My g/f has an 01 SL1 or whatever, and she had neglected the fuck out of it before we met( I at least now make sure there's oil and coolant in it :ugh: )

It has just under 100k on it, and somehow it's still running. If I didn't HATE driving it because I'm too damn big for it, I'd consider one for a DD beater.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I'm pretty sure it eats coolant too, whenever it has a taste for it it seems. Her overflow tank one day was completely bone dry...so she filled it up and it hasn't moved since then :dunno:

Hers has a top end tick upon cold startup whenever it gets low on oil. That's usually my key to add some :rofl:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Coolant? Nah. Not unless you've got a SOHC with a cracked head. Or a broken radiator end-tank.

I just kinda chalked it up to a new water pump having something to do with it. Rich17 put a new one in for her, and it was probably a month afterwards where she noticed. No temperature problems, and the WP went fine..maybe there was still air in the system.

All I know as it's been fine since! :rofl:

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I saw like a 92 skylark that was minty yesterday for like $1700 and though of you.

This body style

images

Like I said, it looked fucking mint. Not that color, but kinda similar. If you want me to grab a # let me know

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info