đź“° Auto News Barrett-Jackson 2008: First production Corvette ZR1 goes for a cool million

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I loved it when RoboSaurus was being auctioned. The owner was telling a story about Dale Sr. taking a ride and the driver making Dale say "Knock that shit off, i've got a race today." I was just waiting for Bob Varsha to say sorry for the language.

That was rediculous. What the hell do you do with that? $600k for a welded sculpture of scrap metal that has a bunch of lights, and moves around and shoots fire.

"So honey, how was the auction? Did you get anything? hehe"

"Actually I bought a $600k dollar hunk of metal that looks like a dinosaur"

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Yeah, Craig Jackson, my bad, lol.

I'm waiting to see how long it takes to get some "color" in the auction.
Right now it's all 50 year old white guys and the occasional Middle Eastern that'll bid on a Ferrari.

Maybe it 10-20 years they'll start offering lowriders, jdm cars, whatever cars gangsta rappers like...etc etc. Now THAT will be fun to watch.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I"m pretty sure you could make some good money going around to the local tracks and events during the summer with Robosaurus. Why else was it touring around the world for 17+ years? You got the uneducated hick market who thinks Toyota is a Star Wars character pretty much covered.

I bet all the other minorities are smart enough not to get involved with B-J. If i ever got rich i would have to have a couple low riders with hydraulics in my collection. I think they are pure art and should be recognized no differently then the likes of Pininfarina or the other Turin design houses that make concepts outta american production cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info