Aviation Events this Summer

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Wow didn't know that! How developed was it then? Now it has a huge office that was rumored to have been his house and I believe 2 runways and several rows of hangars and automated fuel pumps.

It was during Jim Bult’s ownership, so the house was there but not a second runway. Bult was at the pre-event site visit and raced his Cessna jet against one of the cars :rofl: It was wild.

Reactions: rowekmr

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was flying around Rhinelander area over the weekend. KRHI shares the same CTAF as some central Wisconsin airports like Hartford. NON-STOP radio chatter from guys flying to Oshkosh. Looking at flight tracker websites looks pretty nuts around OSH right now with people flying in.

Might try to make it this year.

Reactions: rowekmr and Aircal

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I went Saturday and it looked more crowded than ever before! Even campgrounds were crowded.
IMG_7673.JPG
IMG_7725.JPG
IMG_7822.JPG
IMG_7847.JPG
IMG_7854.JPG
IMG_7975.JPG

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Finally made it back to OSH after not attending since I was a kid. Took the day off work and went on opening day (Monday). It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Very expansive grounds, lots of vendors. Would have loved to see all the arrivals but it seemed 95% of them were already there come Monday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info