Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I couldn't think of a better title. ANYWAY...

I won't get in to my personal life but basically I'm finally back at a point where I can full commit myself to TCG and its growth, and the betterment of the community.

I've all but abandoned our Facebook Group (if anyone wants to actually run it, let me know) but I have renewed my interest in content creation for our Facebook Page (which can be found here). I've been sharing stuff daily and am finally starting to get decent traction on most of the posts (still trying to figure out what works best and what doesnt, timing of posts, etc).

Thanks to [MENTION=13760]NigelTufnel[/MENTION], I was reminded last night that a ton of our threads still show up favorably on Google (this will tie into the Facebook paragraph). A lot of our build threads, how-tos, etc still rank highly...which continues to drive guest traffic here.

Because of the above two things, I am looking for members who can contribute the following content:

• Reviews of their cars
  • Reviews of parts
  • Reviews of speed shops
  • Reviews of canned tunes (like Lund, etc)
  • QUALITY pictures of their cars and other cars (or bikes)
  • QUALITY videos of their cars or other cars (at the track, road course, street racing, highway pulls, whatever)
  • How-tos
  • Install threads with written AND video instructions

You see where I'm going. All of these things will help draw traffic back to the site...via organic Google searches and by me resharing to our FB Page. Please remember, if you're going to contribute, don't half ass it.

I can't really pay you guys anything (despite TCG thinking so, I am not rich in the slightest) but maybe I can find ways to reward all of the help.

Questions, comments, concerns, opinions...share em.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So @ nook do you basically not want big build threads? Or keep build threads but make threads of each “step” so to speak?

Big build threads are fine, but if there are especially interesting parts of the build, branching them off would be great. Like if you want to highlight some fab work and review whoever did it, awesome. If someone built you a custom turbo kit, highlighting that would be awesome.

Honestly, the biggest problem with build threads is everything is so scattered. It would be great if everything could be contained in the first post...but thats often not an easy task.

We do have some threads, from [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION], for example, which acts as a cliff notes version of his overall Mustang thread. Something like that would GREAT.

https://www.thechicagogarage.com/fo...gs/165888-1quick-s-9-second-daily-driver.html

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Big build threads are fine, but if there are especially interesting parts of the build, branching them off would be great. Like if you want to highlight some fab work and review whoever did it, awesome. If someone built you a custom turbo kit, highlighting that would be awesome.

Honestly, the biggest problem with build threads is everything is so scattered. It would be great if everything could be contained in the first post...but thats often not an easy task.

We do have some threads, from [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION], for example, which acts as a cliff notes version of his overall Mustang thread. Something like that would GREAT.

I wonder if we could "copy" build threads where there is a shadow copy and only OP posts show up? Does that make sense?

Thread Info