Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
god i fucking hope so (to the bolded part)

:rofl: :rofl:

Series co-creator Rob McElhenney, who stars as the self-absorbed, very vain Mac on the show, gained 50 pounds for the upcoming season, creating a juicy storyline which sees his character try to deal with the sudden onset of obesity. But his intention wasn't just to nail some easy fat jokes; at the Television Critics Association tour over the weekend, McElhenney said he was trying to make a statement with his expanded waistline.

"It came when I was watching a very popular sitcom, and I noticed the people were getting better and better looking as the seasons were going on," McElhenney said (via TV Guide). "I always thought that what we were trying to do on Sunny was the deconstruction of the sitcom."

To get there, McElhenney said that he ate 5,000 calories a day; he has since lost 20-25 pounds, but is still a far ways from his old weight.

Its a similar sentiment to one he gave to Collider in July, and part of a larger theme for the show. Operating on a tight budget, the crew, which also includes Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton and Katilin Olson, tried to bring the sitcom back to its basics.

"Our philosophy from the very beginning is when you're making a situation comedy that it really is just a group of people sitting in a room talking to each other," McElhenney (via The Hollywood Reporter). "We thought, 'Well, let's just figure out a way to do that as cheap as possible... we just wanted to break it down to its basics."

rob-mcelhenney-mac-from-its-always-sunny-got-fat-25865-1308930892-19.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I have the DVR set for the season. But I will be watching Thursday for sure.

I can't wait to see where they take 'fat Mac' this season. I like the reason he is doing this. It gets harder in life to stay in shape as you get older. Unless you are a TV or movie star. Then you have the time and means to get in better shape. lmao. j/k Well kind of. After all, that is the point Rob is trying to make. But they should have all kinds of new material with this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info