Anyone Work for Jeep/Dodge?? In Sales

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My recommendation, if it's not too big for the Mrs., would be a certified Traverse. I think that's a well priced, well rated, all around SUV. It will tow slightly over 5000lbs as well.

As someone who works for GM I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to buy a Traverse or Acadia or Enclave. It is the worst vehicle in the GM line up currently. If you want to talk about being in the shop, it is our single worst vehicle for warranty claims.

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
As someone who works for GM I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to buy a Traverse or Acadia or Enclave. It is the worst vehicle in the GM line up currently. If you want to talk about being in the shop, it is our single worst vehicle for warranty claims.

My bad, I was going by what I read but actual experience trumps the Internet.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I’m not much help with where to buy but I am happy to post where I got mine & my opinion.

I bought it here -> M&I Imports | Dealer | Highland Park, Illinois Place did a fine job & I was happy with the price. They currently show a 2007 Cherokee & some wranglers.

I’m 8 months in with my Cherokee & I can tell you it’s one temperamental bitch.
My point, it flat out does not like the cold. Now when I type cold, I mean zero degree or lower wind temperature. You have to hit the start button 8+ times before she fires. It’s just been annoying really as the thing has never stranded me.
I’m currently @ 77,000 miles, it’s fully loaded which means a lot can go wrong with electronic gizmo’s, TPIM issues ( google that ) along with auto start not working for whatever reason, or the dam thing going into limp dick mode because the gas cap is not fully tightened ( even though it always is )

Since owning it I’ve put new rubber on, replaced the alternator ( YA, WTF ) Battery, double WTF & the God Dam Radiator ( ended up the thermostat went bad, this had to of been from the thing sitting for several months before I took owner ship. ) I’ve obviously invested a lil more coin this soon into the game than I wanted thus I’d lose my ass getting rid of it.

It is a great riding vehicle, very smooth. The 5.7 has decent power.

Would I buy one again?
Fuck No. If I were in the market now I’d buy a 2012-2015 Tahoe LTZ all day long.

We rented a 2015 Suburban LTZ last weekend for a trip to KC. I was impressed with that thing all the way around.
It moved nicely weighed down with 6 of us.

We may not be talking about the same vehicle. maybe you are referring to the Grand Cherokee? The Regular one does not have a 5.7 L V8 option as far as these new ones go.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My bad, I was going by what I read but actual experience trumps the Internet.

It may look decent but the overall drivetrain design was stupid. Everything is very expensive and labor intensive to fix on it. Just to do an oil pan gasket is something like 11 hours. You have to drop the entire engine. Retarded. Same with the timing cover gasket that always leaks. Once its out of warranty labor rate costs will murder you.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
:io:

exp16_pg_002_ext_full.jpg

:io:

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I see trailhawk v6's all over between 30-40k

Exploder with 3.5 V6 4WD in 30-40k too. Tows 5k!

we were looking at ones between 28-31K. Doesnt have to be maxed with every single options. If it is a slightly used one under 20K miles that would be considered as well. Also the explorer does worse on fuel economy and is quite a bit larger. More or less a full size SUV vs a crossover. The wife wanted heated seats and back up camera for her options at a bare minimum. My guess is the explorer would be well into the mid 30's to have those options.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I will have to check out some more later tonight. I didnt realize the explore had that on all the models, the screen looked really small for the base model so I assumed it didnt have one. I am not sure she will want an SUV that big though. The explorer has really grown in size over the past few revisions.

As far as towing that is something I will have to look into more. I wouldnt want to sacrifice that ability, but I also do not want to jump into a much larger more expensive SUV just to tow something twice a year.

bigsammoe

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Gurnee
2015 forester xt turbo with awd.. thats what i got.. top safety pick and no issues. Plus under 40k. Has room and still able to have fun with. Plus subbie meets are pretty cool and they crash test for animal safety as well. They sponsor adopt a pets and such..

Side note, i got a hook up for Dodge in anitoch
Subbie in highland park

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
Ok just asked shibby what his trailer weighs that he towed my car on for the half mile event. He said 2300-3000lbs itself. So I guess I was high and drunk and didn't realize trailers were that heavy. Sigh

werd. trailers are heavy unless it's an all aluminum one.

Rofl she would shit a brick when she put her foot down

no spider monkey wheels no care

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info