Anyone using Magicjack?

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Been thinking about getting one for the house. I have an old Dell desktop that I would use to run it on. Have heard mixed reviews about it. Some say its great and others say it blows. But if it works, for the money you cannot go wrong. $20 a year unlimited calling domestic.

If I did get it I would like to get a cordless phone with extra handsets for around the house.

Anyone using it?

Any issues?

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
That is what I have heard, tons of mixed reviews. But from the people that have been using it for a while swear by it.

I would be using the old desktop for the magic jack only. So it would always be on and dedicated for the magic jack. I know my connection speed would be fine.

For the money I am really interested in trying it out. It would more then pay for itself. I would be able to drop our cell phone package down as we don't use even half the minutes we have now.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004

Yeah, I heard it is supposed to be released 2nd quarter this year. That should be interesting.

Think I am going to go pick one up today and give it a shot. Worst case I am out $40. But if it works good it will save me tons in the long run.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Yeah, I heard it is supposed to be released 2nd quarter this year. That should be interesting.

Think I am going to go pick one up today and give it a shot. Worst case I am out $40. But if it works good it will save me tons in the long run.

You wont be out $40. You can just return it if your not happy. In theory it should work well with a highspeed internet connection.

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Hell yeah!!! Well I rebuilt an old dell PC I had in the closet and just installed XP on it. It's only a Pentium III 450 with 256mb of ram........lol Only thing I am using it for is the magic jack.

This thing works great!!!! So far so good. Have made a few calls with it and they are crystal clear. I am going to put it through some more hoops and make calls while surfing and streaming video. :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info