Anyone have experience with Continental Extreme Contact Sports?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Those look like the successor to the extreme contact DW which I have on the caddy. Overall I have been pleased with them. However I do have one that seems particularly noisy as it rolls. I know it's the tire because when I switch back to the DWS's are quiet.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I have the Continental Extreme Contact DW on the TA, which I believe is the predecessor. Traction, impact harshness and impact noise, and affordability are awesome. Hard to gauge regular road noise because my car is otherwise so noisy. I mainly bought because Michelin’s PSS doesn’t come in my stock wheel size. I had a hell of a time balancing these, though, and went though a few different machines before a road force balance machine did the trick. Even now, they sometimes feel wobbly in cold temps until they warm up. However, my car mostly sits so it could just be flat spotting from infrequent use and soft summer tire compound.

Reactions: Kensington

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I have them in my Boss 302 and like them a lot. I previously had the now discontinued DW and liked those too.

The Extreme Contact Sport is a little bit stiffer than the DW. Dry traction seems to be a little better and wet traction feels just as good as the DW.

I had my Extreme Sports installed right before my last trip to the tail of the dragon in August. They took everything I threw at them. I didn't even try to find their limits. I was pushing them to the point where my DWs would have started giving feedback.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I have the Continental Extreme Contact DW on the TA, which I believe is the predecessor. Traction, impact harshness and impact noise, and affordability are awesome. Hard to gauge regular road noise because my car is otherwise so noisy. I mainly bought because Michelin’s PSS doesn’t come in my stock wheel size. I had a hell of a time balancing these, though, and went though a few different machines before a road force balance machine did the trick. Even now, they sometimes feel wobbly in cold temps until they warm up. However, my car mostly sits so it could just be flat spotting from infrequent use and soft summer tire compound.

I ended up with the Michelin PS4S' on the GTI, and really couldn't be happier, really transformed the car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info