anyone have a oil pan punch/tap tool?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Good luck finding the actual 'tool'

You can do it with a series of punches starting from small to large. When the 3/8-18 tap starts to thread in the pan, you're golden!
Make sure to coat the tap in grease to catch the shavings.

Definitely a good idea to let an experienced pan puncher do the job

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
pan is on the car still. im trying to avoid pulling the motor or dropping the k memeber just to do this. To me thats a huge waste of time.

If someone has the tool and has the time to come to Elgin to do it for me with the pan on the car ill pay or trade work either way. I just need it done. Thanks for your help guys

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
ive got the punch... you can come out to the shop and borrow it..

+1

I Used the one Bob has and it worked great.

Its not a hard job at all. Just make sure you measure right and use a NPT tap not a regual tap. Use grease as well like mentioned above.

The pan is super thin so dont over tighten the fitting. The right tap flairs out the metal enough to get a few threads for the fitting.

It took me 20 minutes.. 15 dbl checking my measurements lol. I would only use the right tool though imo.

Best way would be have a shop weld in a bung. No chance of leaking EVER!

Attachments

• 113_0312_pax_08_z.jpg
    113_0312_pax_08_z.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 58

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
+1

I Used the one Bob has and it worked great.

Its not a hard job at all. Just make sure you measure right and use a NPT tap not a regual tap. Use grease as well like mentioned above.

The pan is super thin so dont over tighten the fitting. The right tap flairs out the metal enough to get a few threads for the fitting.

It took me 20 minutes.. 15 dbl checking my measurements lol. I would only use the right tool though imo.

Best way would be have a shop weld in a bung. No chance of leaking EVER!

NNNNOOOOOOOOO! You Braze it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info