Anyone else feeling like this about new cars?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

Is it just me? I just don’t feel anything for new cars. Nothing. Camaro is getting axed .. again.. and I don’t care. New mustang photos and not a care for it at all. Some new super car photos surface and who cares. New models of everything with even more power and performance announced and I just don’t give a shit. All the new cars have screens and Nannie’s and self driving, and shit I’m supposed to be all impressed by but again… no fucks given. Interiors are all cockpit like with fancy materials and infinite adjustable seats and I just don’t care. Anyone else like this? Guessing I’m probably just getting old and a step away from yelling at kids on my lawn and clouds.

season 13 GIF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I do like all the creature comforts and technology that new cars have. But I could live without them if need be.
I turned off the active lane management on my Wagoneer as the shit drives me fucking bananas. Get to close to the lines in the road and the steering wheel starts shaking. But in the same breath, I turned it on one night coming back from the city, turned on the adaptive cruise control and the car pretty much drove itself on the expressway which was cool.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I think the biggest reason I kinda feel that way, aside from the infotainment overload inside them is the skyrocketing prices of new cars. Not due to the market supply/demand issue (though that didn't help), it's just the sheer price. Especially trucks/SUV's.

I, by no means am poor, but I refuse to/can't justify paying for a car note at the levels they are anymore and to do so for more than 5 years maximum anymore because it's so freaking much.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

Is it just me? I just don’t feel anything for new cars. Nothing. Camaro is getting axed .. again.. and I don’t care. New mustang photos and not a care for it at all. Some new super car photos surface and who cares. New models of everything with even more power and performance announced and I just don’t give a shit. All the new cars have screens and Nannie’s and self driving, and shit I’m supposed to be all impressed by but again… no fucks given. Interiors are all cockpit like with fancy materials and infinite adjustable seats and I just don’t care. Anyone else like this? Guessing I’m probably just getting old and a step away from yelling at kids on my lawn and clouds.

season 13 GIF
There is an episode of South Park where Stan turns 10, and all the music he hears is shit, literal garbage being spewed out. Your statement/observation is the automotive equivalent of that. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just showing the similarity. But if pressed, I'd have to fall on the "I agree" side of the line.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I don’t know how some of you guys here daily a pile of shit everyday. I’ve tried it for 2 mos and couldn’t just to pocket the car allowance like my man Shawn says you only live once. Get me all the interior goodies I want it all.
I would probably feel this way if I had a daily commute. I work from home so I’d rather have simplicity that just works. If I was dealing with traffic everyday I’d be ordering a Tesla with autopilot

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I don’t know how some of you guys here daily a pile of shit everyday. I’ve tried it for 2 mos and couldn’t just to pocket the car allowance like my man Shawn says you only live once. Get me all the interior goodies I want it all.
My truck looks like a pile, but still runs and drives great, and the interior is in excellent condition. I don't expect it to do more than I bought it to do. My car, I would like it to have some newer tech, but it's not an option. There really isn't much new on the market that excites me. Sad to say, but 95% of what is new I couldn't afford anyways. Easier to live vicariously through others and their deep pockets, which is why I'm glad there is so much vehicle diversity and enthusiasm on this site.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
This thread gonna split the guys that like cars and the guys that work on em everyday right down the middle :rofl:
That's another point. I don't mind working on vehicles to improve them, but I got sick of having to work on them to keep them running. Working from home (now) is definitely extending the life of the vehicles I do have. They get used regularly to keep them moving, but much less wear and tear than 2-3 years ago. That's fine with me, I can't afford to replace either, or even both with a single vehicle.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
That's another point. I don't mind working on vehicles to improve them, but I got sick of having to work on them to keep them running. Working from home (now) is definitely extending the life of the vehicles I do have. They get used regularly to keep them moving, but much less wear and tear than 2-3 years ago. That's fine with me, I can't afford to replace either, or even both with a single vehicle.
Wait, you can't just go in and pay cash for a new car either? :D

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
New shit breaks more often as far as keeping them running goes honestly. It's just new stuff has warranty so you can be without a car for a week while some mouth breather breaks your connectors and shit under the hood.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
New shit breaks more often as far as keeping them running goes honestly. It's just new stuff has warranty so you can be without a car for a week while some mouth breather breaks your connectors and shit under the hood.
That's why I got a vehicle whose platform had been out for over 10 years. I know when something major breaks on either vehicle I'm gonna be so screwed. Gonna be pedaling my ass all over northern IL, so much you'd think I had a DUI.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
That's why I got a vehicle whose platform had been out for over 10 years. I know when something major breaks on either vehicle I'm gonna be so screwed. Gonna be pedaling my ass all over northern IL, so much you'd think I had a DUI.
I just figured I can buy a shit box a month for what payments are and I've always got somethin runnin :dunno:

Reactions: CMNTMXR57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info