Any 3800 tuners near Chicago area? 2000 buick

chicagochuck

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Buick regal and want to get a evap code deleted for small evap leak. Only getting 13 mpg , engine light on, I'm thinking that may be the culprit plus emission will be soon.

I found a guy a few years ago for my other Buick regal through this site ,but lost the info. Any help would be appreciated.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
You could just get a programed PCM from the Wbodystore that has the code deleted. That's the easiest route. Unless someone with HPT can license your car really quick and just delete it for you.

PANDA

Reaction score
why not just fix the leak?

OP
C

chicagochuck

Reaction score
iv been chasing this code, Kind of hard to diagnose, gas tank hose, gas filler neck, or some evap line ...

OP
C

chicagochuck

Reaction score
I figured because the engine light was on it could be in some sort of default mode... But that's good to know. I did tune up a few months ago plugs/wires/oil/air filter, I check the tire pressure quite often . it runs really good just the mileage and the premium gas isn't cheap ...

I need to change the fuel filter.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
how many miles are on the Upstream oxygen sensor? the one on the rear exhaust manifold near the number 4 and 6 spark plugs.
it is a primary trusted sensor and they are commonly skewed off of correct stoichiometric after 50000 miles or more

OP
C

chicagochuck

Reaction score
Well Iv never changed it. It was supposedly changed by the previous owner The car has been in the family since 127,000 miles it has about 179,000 now. So at-least 50,000

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom