Another victim of our great Illinois roads

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you don't mind afternoon heat and humidity and a tough job market, Florida is awesome. It's sunny and warm 9 days out of 10. There are beautiful beaches everywhere. Any civilized area has dozens of restaurants, bars and clubs. Houses cost a quarter what they cost up in Chicago. No state income taxes. Etc.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have dark blonde hair and fair skin, too, and have been slowly exposing it to the Florida sun to build up a tan. I'm actually tanning well for probably the first time in my life. As far as the heat, you do get used to it. When we first moved down here, we were all hot and the A/C was on continually. Today it's in the high 80s and no one has bothered to turn it on. We jump in the pool for a little while to cool off if necessary. Maybe we'll turn the A/C on tonight to get the humidity out of the house for sleeping. I bet Chicago is going to feel COLD next time I'm up there.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
If you don't mind afternoon heat and humidity and a tough job market, Florida is awesome. It's sunny and warm 9 days out of 10. There are beautiful beaches everywhere. Any civilized area has dozens of restaurants, bars and clubs. Houses cost a quarter what they cost up in Chicago. No state income taxes. Etc.

My girlfriend's sister lives in Ruskin, FL. They have a nice modern house with a two car garage that was cheaper than my 3-bed & 2-bath condo in Schaumburg.

If I didn't have family and friends here, I'd either be in CA or FL.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
the roads actually arent as bad as a few years ago. shit 4 years ago my dd was a tempo. i had the rims with a rubber coating on them. i had to keep a hammer and a portable air pump in the trunk. every time i hit a pothole id jump out bang it back down. fill it up. and i was on my way. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info