Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
If you open the site with Chrome, FF, etc, you should get a prompt (for me it was at the bottom of browser) asking if you want to enable push notifications. I just enabled mine so I have no idea how it actually works but hey, theyre live now. iOS users, I dont believe you have access to these but maybe Xen has changed that.

Also, we are now on the latest version of PHP, so you might notice a slight increase in overall site speed.

Big thanks to @Jack for getting us taken care of.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ahhhh, they are enabled on the admin side but it looks like you need to enable them in your own preferences (even if you tell the browser you want to receive them).

Just go to preferences, check the Enable Push button (as seen below, I've already done it) and then choose what notifications you want in the list below that :)

1583277905018.png

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
"Sites" is not an option. I have a bunch of random web addresses but TCG isnt one of them
ok if notifications are turned on in chrome, thats good.

Then on TCG, click your profile name, click preferences.... scroll down and youll see the blue box for "Enable push notifications" that should cause the pop-up to show up manually to enable them.

Reactions: Mook