Movie The Batman

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So Youtube decided to have HBO MAX's posting of the first 10 minutes on my feed. Of course it sucked me in so I watched the rest of the movie again last night instead of going to bed.

My hot take, THE Batman movie on top. Read a lot of articles and saw videos before the movie came out about how Matt Reeves was trying to make his Batman movie kinda mirror Se7en. Mission accomplished, and I actually liked Se7en. Batman's wife didnt get her head cut off, but he didnt exactly win at the end of the day either. Also his mission to inspire people REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY fucking backfired.

Batman actually did detective work. Was actually pretty damn smart and didnt need to have gadgets or computers to figure shit out. Yes he did use it for the ciphers, but he was on top of the riddles like no ones business and even after figuring out the ciphers, still needed to use his head. "Thumb drive"? That was some fucked up shit at the end of the day, and it was refreshing IMO to see a Batman movie tackle those things.

No clue if they are going to continue with this movie trilogy or even make anymore since I thought I read Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson hate each other or something but I would watch the sequels for sure.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I've watched it a few times, usually catching it part way through. Of course, once I watched the Pitch Meeting and Honest Trailers for it, I looked at it in a new light, more entertaining when all the obvious flaws were pointed out.

You've watched THIS a few times............but that whole other list you posted.............

I havent even watched this

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I've watched it a few times, usually catching it part way through. Of course, once I watched the Pitch Meeting and Honest Trailers for it, I looked at it in a new light, more entertaining when all the obvious flaws were pointed out.

Ill have to check those out, but here is the one video I was talking about regarding The Batman.

Just saw he posted another one, and will have to check it out.

I really REALLY liked this Batman movie.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Ill have to check those out, but here is the one video I was talking about regarding The Batman.

Just saw he posted another one, and will have to check it out.

I really REALLY liked this Batman movie.

Mook Mook gonna flip his shit, but, oh well

Also, Ryan George just gets better with each one that he does (Pitch Meeting).

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Should I though?
The Walking Dead Agree GIF

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It’s not really a reboot though. It’s a totally different universe and takes more aspects from the comics and gives it a twist essentially.

IMO this is the most comic book accurate Batman movie and I would dare say it rivals some of the animated Batman movies.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Correct. Everyone can have their own version/universe. But doesn't matter when Nolan took the prize long ago... Nothing will ever be better portrayed than his universe.
I like the Nolan trilogy for sure. Doesn’t mean everything before or after is bad though.

Like I said I also do watch quite a bit of the animated movies. Under the Red Hood is probably my favorite animated movie and I’d say The Batman stands next to it.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I like the Nolan trilogy for sure. Doesn’t mean everything before or after is bad though.

Like I said I also do watch quite a bit of the animated movies. Under the Red Hood is probably my favorite animated movie and I’d say The Batman stands next to it.
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is right up there with Under the Red Hood.... Have seen both many times.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It’s not really a reboot though. It’s a totally different universe and takes more aspects from the comics and gives it a twist essentially.

IMO this is the most comic book accurate Batman movie and I would dare say it rivals some of the animated Batman movies.
A new actor playing the same character in a new universe? Yeah it’s a reboot. When you’ve had Bale, Affleck and Pattinson playing the same roll well in the last 10-15 years, it’s been done before. The Nolan trilogy wasn’t great but it was no Batman and Robin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info