AMS's new winter project

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
:werd:

while these cars may have the performance of many if not most supercars, neither of these cars IMO will have the prestige (for lack of a better word) of a lambo or a ferrari...

sure when you pull up somewhere people are going to take notice to either ride, but at the end of the day, the dude that rolls up in the lp640 is going to be the talk of the country club instead of the chevy or nissan driver.

to car guys, these cars are attainable, feasible, and have the utmost performance one could desire in a stock car. to supercar buyers, they are merely the "srt's, svt's, or ss's" of the supercar world.do not get me wrong, because that is going to be the main buyer, but at the same time, these are going to be owned and driven by the guy who has the lambos and ferraris occuppying the same garage, and cherished and loved by the people who own the chevy or nissan as their main pride and joy.

I think to the main people that actually drive the shit outta these cars Prestige doesn't really matter. If i get a corvette that can beat out a car thats 3-4x more money i'll praise it for what it is, a fucking awesome corvette.

Lambos and Ferraris are the Dream of every car fan and the attainable to few, Corvettes and GTRs will be the reality for a lot more.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I think to the main people that actually drive the shit outta these cars Prestige doesn't really matter. If i get a corvette that can beat out a car thats 3-4x more money i'll praise it for what it is, a fucking awesome corvette.

Lambos and Ferraris are the Dream of every car fan and the attainable to few, Corvettes and GTRs will be the reality for a lot more.

thats pretty much what i said?

haha...

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
I'll take my Phaeton now please.
2004_phaeton_large.jpg

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
I'll take my Phaeton now please.
2004_phaeton_large.jpg

Don't those have the 3rd cylinder bank? Or something along those lines. Like a W-12 or something? Huge torque coming out of those motors. And a hell of a top speed too. I don't remember the exact specs, but I can imagine how badass it would be to build the piss out of one and throw 3 turbos on it to make 1500+whp.

Poopshinanigans

Nov 18, 2007
Its like two of the VR6s put together, so there are two cylinder heads for 4 banks of 3 i believe. I bet wikipedia has some shit on this.
w12_block.jpg

Damn, didn't see that coming. These things are huge, i'd be pressed to drive it or get driven because the rear is so comfy.
Here is the site that i got the picture from, pretty cool. http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/tech_engine_packaging.htm#W12

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info