Movie Amazon close to buying MGM Studios for $9 billion

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amazon already blows away Netflix for content. This would be a big move to add more titles to Amazon Prime. Netflix' success is going to be their demise as players with almost infinite money step in. Netflix should have locked in the titles on 20 years contracts. They didn't think far enough ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
Amazon already blows away Netflix for content. This would be a big move to add more titles to Amazon Prime. Netflix' success is going to be their demise as players with almost infinite money step in. Netflix should have locked in the titles on 20 years contracts. They didn't think far enough ahead.
Amazon blows Netflix away when it comes to movies, but their number of TV shows is about the same I think. I don't think Netflix had the clout to secure content for such long periods, even at their peak. But with more and more studios/networks coming out with their own streaming services, Netflix, having less capital than Amazon, is going to struggle to secure content. All the while, losing more of the content they currently have back to the studios/networks they got it from. Things don't look good for them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Rumors are growing about a new Stargate series. The creators have supposedly been writing episodes in anticipation of MGM being sold. The $50,000,000 projected season budget would be penny ante compare to some other series Amazon has going. With 4,000 movies and 17,000 hours of series, Amazon has the material to energize a lot of new shows based on old hits. Stargate may be one of the first.

Reactions: Atomicles
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info