Acetone In Fuel Said to Increase Mileage

E

Reaction score
Has any of you ever try this? If you haven't, Would you?
We have Acetone at work and i always wondered what would happen if i put some in my tank.
Then i found this: Check it out

I'm not really sure where this would go so move if need be.

dmc6996

Reaction score
the g/f did it for about six months. her dad told her about it. only add a few onces per fill up but she didnt notice any fuel gains. i think the only thing it will do is help remove water from the tank.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
It helps clean injectors, my car had reduced detonation also. I found about 3oz per half tank is the limit, anything more and the car ran soft.

Milage gains are urban myth.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Reaction score
An autos teacher at a school that I observed at did this with several of his vehicles. His conclusion was that it did actually show improved mileage but every vehicle responded differently and required a different amount of acetone added. Too little and it did nothing, too much and it did nothing... an ounce difference actually changed things quite a bit.

OP
E

E

Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back guys. :bigthumb:
I really don't give a crap about the mileage thing because in my case it really depends on how i drive. I'm more curious on how it keeps the engine cleaner ie. injectors, cylinders, fuel line etc. and if it will harm my car. Since i can pretty much get it for free i'm going to try it out to see if there's any change.

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
ive heard it will increase mileage, but as stated before it will vary with the vehicle, ive heard a good base start is about 3 oz per 10 gal,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom