98GrandPrixIraqVet Mustang Story Time

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
It drives fine for the most part, and I really didn't have complaints besides the hard start and the fuel consumption. But after putting 93 in it feels like it's just better in general. Maybe a placebo, idk.

I can switch tunes fine, just pain in the ass to run the tank out completely to swap fuels. Not nice like the flex tune.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
[MENTION=682]Sprayin[/MENTION] The E85 only has a drawback with cold start in COLD weather and MPG.

You don't get knock with good E85. The way these cars are typically tuned n/a is to allow full timing on e85. It always has max timing and great torque and throttle response. With my Lund Flex Tune I could see the difference in the way the car drove. Just steady part throttle when I went back to 93 I could feel the car slightly surge. I could see the ECU adding and subtracting timing. It isn't a major difference like on a boosted car. But it is there. The advantages may not be there with the mpg difference.

My car started fine in the 50's. Below the mid 60's the car may be harder to start. You don't live in an area where you should be having starting and cold running issues. You might want to talk to your tuner. Something maybe off.

Thread Info