YouTube 9 second drag karts

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
https://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/a28277077/drag-kart-video/

Take these top-level drag karts, for example. Filmed this past weekend at Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough, England, they pair high-revving engines to custom tube-frame chassis, allowing them to run some extremely impressive quarter-mile times. Like any full-size drag car worth its time slips, they have working aerodynamics and sticky, specially-designed tires, too.

A couple of the karts in this video even break the 10-second barrier, with the quickest managing a 9.3-second run at 138 mph. That's faster than pretty much any new supercar around.
https://youtu.be/zC_A69Sp92U

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Bike engines strapped to elongated go kart chassis...with nitrous. Seems like a few of them should be running quicker. That one rips though

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
If I were rich, I'd have a nice go-kart track set up on my property. ATV's don't interest me as much, I'd rather be carving some corners.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i love the thought of owning something like that.

but they dont even go as fast as the bike those engines came out of... what gives?

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
i love the thought of owning something like that.

but they dont even go as fast as the bike those engines came out of... what gives?
Look at the small diameter of those rear wheels. It may give it some great initial acceleration due to the gearing advantage, but a bike with the larger wheels would have a much stronger top end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom