4x4 ATV

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
So I picked up another Arctic Cat ATV that's an automatic. Trans doesn't seem to change gears it just winds out one gear to like 40mph. Anyone have a background on these trans's? Want to avoid a nightmare opening up the case or if there is someone you would recommend to look at it.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
It's a CVT like a snowmobile. It will never shift gears, just change ratios.

Outlaw

Reaction score
So I picked up another Arctic Cat ATV that's an automatic. Trans doesn't seem to change gears it just winds out one gear to like 40mph. Anyone have a background on these trans's? Want to avoid a nightmare opening up the case or if there is someone you would recommend to look at it.
As pipe said, it's a CVT transmission. There are no "gears" simply primary and secondary pullies with a belt. It's all good.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
It should still have a series of shifts on its own though shouldn't it?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
the more i think about it, the more i want to do rekluse on the raptor... but they dont make it yet or ever... my buddy had it on his yzf450.. my god it was awesome

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
For some reason I had it in my head they have like a 2 gear Trans. Low and high gear was in my head for some reason.

Outlaw

Reaction score
They do have a LO/HI. However you shift it between them when stopped, one allows you to crawl with more torque multiplication, while the other gives you speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom