3800 Drivers unite

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello all, is it possible I could have fucked up the timing on the car? would that cause it to continuously have a random misfire??

Also Tommy I have tried to send the tune many times but the computer I have it on is from 2002 and its very slow. When sending the tune it keeps timing out then says unable to send. I cant update it because I was told you cant run the DHP program with windows 7. So I still have to run XP.

I'm off Friday so plan to mess with it all day...

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Also Tommy I have tried to send the tune many times but the computer I have it on is from 2002 and its very slow. When sending the tune it keeps timing out then says unable to send. I cant update it because I was told you cant run the DHP program with windows 7. So I still have to run XP.

You can run DHP on Windows 7. I have an installation package you can download here. Follow the instructions in the readme file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncfrr5ilfpq1mp8/InstallPackage.zip

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Wanted to say thanks to muscle car Jim and neighbor Tom for there help last night. They figured out the GTP P0300 issues and got it corrected. After that I made a big stake dinner and all the beer they could handle followed by a nice bond fire.

THANKS GUYS!!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
stake+dinner.jpg

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Just want to take the time to say to everyone that I really appreciate your help with the issues I was having. Though it sucks when the GP brakes that not many people can work on it, but its nice to know I can always look to you guys for incite. I put my first 125 miles on the new tranny so far and its awesome!Those dam poly mounts make you feel every shift. Anyways, just wanted to say Thanks again.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
AAAARRRRR!!!!

just kidding!

Back in 2008 when I brought it to the dealer for it running with no power at all and misfiring they discovered my exhaust was clogged. This was due to when the motor blew it shot things everywhere. We thought we got everything out at the time but didn't account for what was stuck in the mufflers and cat.

Since then I have changed everything out so I did not think it would happen again.

This time were pointed the finger at the E85 upgrade causing things to run hotter. I personally have noticed since I did the rewire for the fuel pump the fuse able link wire under the hood is considerably warmer than it use to be.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info