TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
giphy.gif

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
These cars are really coming into their own price wise. I don’t think it’s so much “collectors” but people realizing they’re bulletproof daily drivers with all the luxury you want and none of the bullshit you don’t.

Fix shit with a fucking test light and if that doesn't figure it out grab a meter.

Reactions: TurboTPI and Outlaw
These cars are really coming into their own price wise. I don’t think it’s so much “collectors” but people realizing they’re bulletproof daily drivers with all the luxury you want and none of the bullshit you don’t.

I'm sorry, but there's no way the majority of the public looks at any American car from the 80s on up as "bulletproof". Even if the motors can last, other things are constantly breaking on them, and since the average American doesn't work on their own cars, those little nagging repairs here and there will nickel and dime them to death.

The reality is we've been in a new car shortage for about a year and a half now which has only been getting worse, leading to insane car prices on whatever is available out there. This has either priced many shoppers out of the new car market or they can't find what they want new. Subsequently, they've been forced to look at used cars which in turn has led to a shortage in THAT market causing prices to spike. I.e. the same cars I was looking at a year and a half ago have been doing the unthinkable and going UP in value as opposed to depreciation like normal. Even with my ES, I could probably get more right now than I paid for it in March of 2020. Someone at my workplace just did that last week when he sold his 2015 Audi Q5 (to a DEALER no less) that he bought almost 2 years ago for a small profit. Did you ever think you'd see the day one of those went up in value?

In other words, w-body/3800 powered vehicles aren't going up because people have "learned to appreciate them". They're going up because a rising tide lifts all ships.

Reactions: v6buicks

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
fuck it even has the HUD

Kind of want.

If you’re not big into tech or nanny safety on vehicles that would be a great buy under $10,000 I’d say. You know with proper maintenance that thing will do another 250k in comfort.

If you absolutely had to, just add a nice double din with car play for NAV and you’d be set.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Reactions: DEEZUZ

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
How the hell do you go 190k in one of those without rusting?

In Wisconsin? You don't. I bet underneath looks debatable, says front brake lines were replaced so I bet the rest will need looked at at some point.. And the interior pictures are factory photos...1 shows the digital DIC and the other the standard info center. interior is probably really worn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info