2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Ford’s unveiling was Sad

GT500 out accelerating a Red Eye, let alone out handling a ZL1, will need to be seen.

Not a great unveiling, but honestly who gives a shit in the grand scheme of things? If the car is a great performer, are people gonna go back and think about the unveiling and about Dodge supposedly laughing?

Does the Red Eye even have any official numbers yet?

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
More of Ford’s half ass ways

Hey, spend a bajillion dollars like Dodge did on the Hellcat/Demon/etc, or spend basically 1 tenth of that? People are still talking about the GT500, and in all honesty, the people that'll actually be able to afford the car probably don't give a shit how good or bad the launch was.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Hey, spend a bajillion dollars like Dodge did on the Hellcat/Demon/etc, or spend basically 1 tenth of that? People are still talking about the GT500, and in all honesty, the people that'll actually be able to afford the car probably don't give a shit how good or bad the launch was.

dodge spent a bajillion dollars to market a car they spent twelve dollars to engineer.

ford spent a bajillion dollars to engineer a car that everyone's bitching about the headlights of and twelve dollars to market :rofl:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Also - folks are focusing on Ford not realsing pricing, HP and TQ as if it is some big secret.

They have been placing advertising games, hyping up a vehicle that is no better than what competitors are putting to the market.
Being no better than the competitors has yet to be seen...lol
when the hellcat shit came out, "non-car guys" were talking about it.

that crowd has no idea this car is anything.

that's why ford's marketing is a fail.
I don't think Ford cares that "non car guys" aren't talking about it, if that's even true. My Facefuck feed is BLOWN THE FUCK up with shitty gt500 unveiling...lol.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
dodge spent a bajillion dollars to market a car they spent twelve dollars to engineer.

ford spent a bajillion dollars to engineer a car that everyone's bitching about the headlights of and twelve dollars to market :rofl:

Ford probably spent just as much on engineering...it's basically a GT350 with a slightly larger displacement Coyote and a Roush, errr Eaton Supercharger slapped on. Aside from what looks like some slightly new body panels, a trans they didn't design, some bigger brakes, everything else looks off the shelf from other cars.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
That may be true. But isn't it a success that this car is being talked about even if only "car guys" are talking about it? Non car guys aren't buying it so who cares?

but non car guys buy hellcats.

the dude two units over in my work building comes to mind- old guy who ordered a purple charger hc when they were unveiled, and now has a trackhawk also... gets a boner from doing holeshots in the parking lot and nearly taking out curbs.

that crowd, the crowd that has more cents than sense, doesn't know that the gt500 is unveiled.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
but non car guys buy hellcats.

the dude two units over in my work building comes to mind- old guy who ordered a purple charger hc when they were unveiled, and now has a trackhawk also... gets a boner from doing holeshots in the parking lot and nearly taking out curbs.

that crowd, the crowd that has more cents than sense, doesn't know that the gt500 is unveiled.
So you know of 1 non car guy that bought a Hellcat? Do you think there might just possibly be a gt500 sale or two to a "non car guy"?
i mean, what you just said goes for any car made ever :bowrofl:
Exactly, so who cares what they spent on their unveiling? lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So you know of 1 non car guy that bought a Hellcat? Do you think there might just possibly be a gt500 sale or two to a "non car guy"?
Exactly, so who cares what they spent on their unveiling? lol

it was just a simple example that came to mind.

i mean, this unveiling is weak, that undeniable, who cares- likely ford.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Not a great unveiling, but honestly who gives a shit in the grand scheme of things? If the car is a great performer, are people gonna go back and think about the unveiling and about Dodge supposedly laughing?

Does the Red Eye even have any official numbers yet?

It’ll produce decent numbers, Chief Engineer stated they are still working on power.

Folks are already buying and driving the Red Eye.

Being no better than the competitors has yet to be seen...lol

I don't think Ford cares that "non car guys" aren't talking about it, if that's even true. My Facefuck feed is BLOWN THE FUCK up with shitty gt500 unveiling...lol.

Curious how much Ford cares about performance in general

And they will still sell every single one they can make. :rofl:

K

i mean, what you just said goes for any car made ever :bowrofl:

Ding
Ding
Ding

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I don’t think this car needs marketing to sell them. How many will they produce?
As many as they can because they will sell as many as they can make even with this horrible unveiling...lol
It’ll produce decent numbers, Chief Engineer stated they are still working on power.

Folks are already buying and driving the Red Eye.

Curious how much Ford cares about performance in general

K

Ding
Ding
Ding
What are bone stalk Red Eyes running in the quarter?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info