2020 Charger Hellcat Widebody

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
This. I could drive the Challenger to work every day and not hate myself, take it on a long road trip with a cool and bags in the trunk and also take it to GLD and have a blast. My 5th gen used to go that, the 6th gen is too tight and even worse to see out of. That's why GM needs a couple Mopar designers. They have the right engineers.

You know I daily drove that 1LE 6th gen I had. The visibility issue wasnt an issue for me, and Im 6'. The recaros were the problem, pared with me not wanting to DD a manual anymore. Those two issues are what ruined that car for me. At the time I had to DD my summer car, so thats why I landed back in the challenger. And yes the challenger was far superior to DD all day long. But when you wanted to get nutty with it, it felt like it was pretending to be a fast car compared to the 6th gen. That car was razor sharp and felt like you were holding it back by not taking it to redline. Two completely different animals. But the visibility thing just gets repeated over and over im sure by people (not you) that have never driven one. It was fine. If you were 5'2" or 6'8" Im sure you were going to have problems with it. But for the average 6' person, it was spot on. I was right in line with the windshield no problems. Had my 1LE been a 2SS with the 8speed auto, it would still be in my possession.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
What does Dodge call that turquoise color? I love it.

That's not B5 Blue?

I'm 99.9% sure it's B5 Blue

Also, isn't the charger HC faster then the challenger? Becaue of the longer wheelbase? it would only make sense to add the demon or redeye option to the charger then. Plus I read a while back, they've already stuffed a redeye engine into a durango and then wrecked a trackhawk

And finally, I'm pretty sure they are still planning a smaller midsize RWD car and shedding some weight off the NEW LX cars... both around 2021/2022 I believe? Probably waiting to see what direction the market trends go...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info