1962 Sea Ray 500 Sea Ray

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
All,
I'm half way toying with the idea of picking up a PWC. I've been looking into the SeaDoo Spark.
Any of you all have recommendations? I don't want to break the bank. I also don't know shit about them except they are fun to ride and easy for me to store when I'm not using it.

someone on here has a spark and loves it, everyone i know with a spark loves it also... tcg will tell you to find a unicorn first gen gp1800r for 2500$ because it's the BeSt ThInG evARRRR but fuck that shit.

what's your budget?

the issue you're going to run into right now, is there really aren't many out there... pwc's that is.... and they are priced NUTS right now. wait 5-6 weeks and i think when people realize what it costs to store shit around here we will see a lot of opportunities for deals.

the big "N" doesn't have a single watercraft and hasn't. :rofl:

1597338488256.png

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
All,
I'm half way toying with the idea of picking up a PWC. I've been looking into the SeaDoo Spark.
Any of you all have recommendations? I don't want to break the bank. I also don't know shit about them except they are fun to ride and easy for me to store when I'm not using it.

I've had my 05 kawi stx15 for 9 years and its been fantastic. It always fires up and runs great. At full rip the dream-o-meter speedo says 62mph, never broke out the gps to confirm.
If you're looking for used, you should look for a yamaha FX cruiser too. It's a great ski that's comfortable with plenty of storage.
You might want to stick with an N/A unit. The turbo/supercharged to me seem like they're higher risk of failure with more expensive parts to possibly wear out.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I've had my 05 kawi stx15 for 9 years and its been fantastic. It always fires up and runs great. At full rip the dream-o-meter speedo says 62mph, never broke out the gps to confirm.
If you're looking for used, you should look for a yamaha FX cruiser too. It's a great ski that's comfortable with plenty of storage.
You might want to stick with an N/A unit. The turbo/supercharged to me seem like they're higher risk of failure with more expensive parts to possibly wear out.

we had an stx12 back in the day and it was super solid.

just again finding anything decent used (or new) for reasonable money is going to be a trick

Reactions: bikrboy128

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Only 62?

Friend of mine had the 05 Ultra 150 (2-stroke triple) and we'd get that up to borderline 70. An aftermarket less-restrictive intake and a longer nozzle, and trimmed out we'd hit an indicated 78mph, which was 73mph on radar (had a buddy that was a cop, so used his radar gun). Course I weighed like 140 lbs at the time, so it's not like it had to work too hard, and the weight difference between the two jet skis is probably a good 120-130 lbs... So yeah, I guess 62 is pretty good, lol.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Id recommend a older Yamaha 4-stroke. Rock solid machines. Neighbor picked up a 06 VX 110 with 50 hours on it for $3500. It however does not have reverse or a trailer so it is considerably cheaper than a better equipped model. He also bought it early on in the season.

I have a 07 Yamaha VX110 Deluxe. Its not terribly fast (~50mph on gps) but it rides really nice and is super reliable and cheap to maintain. Has 350 hours on it now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Someone probably just stuck the 1000sc air cleaner on it or they would be asking a million dollars for a pontoon with a legit 1000sc motor in it, 525 was a 454 with a blower like pictured

i dont doubt that but i mean it's already listed poorly right?

calling it a "454" is selling it short, right?

it's kinda neat. wonder how it runs. i love how unsuspecting it is.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info