2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I question any reviewer who spends that much time evaluating styling (it’s more subjective than anything and I can make my own call by looking at a photo) but the truck has been a letdown in most areas except towing/hauling. Not a bad thing considering it’s a truck that’s a utilitarian vehicle, but nowadays I’d say most people are also living with their truck as a daily driver, which is where the Silverado faceplants. No adaptive cruise, no emergency auto braking and the electric brake booster makes for a brake pedal feel that’s so unnatural. It’s a strange strange truck.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Meanwhile in awesometruckland....

sriVlT-StOUyQFdXsaJxjBc97dWBcLm0DN7HNIWaRC8rADbRHus-1PXXvSBWW7qjqKjuGQhFhoqxARTyF2FxygURB8BdRbYanQe64uQUxW_kUDU=s0-d-e1-ft

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Quote from another thread...

Keep in mind I work with blue collar people, and to be honest the ones I’m describing are the troglodytes. I mean straight up fox lake living, tom and Emily listening, brat stop drinking troglodytes. Their major ambition is putting 35s on a 2500 pre-def diesel. So I don’t see them buying a 50-60-70k vehicle anyway.

I wish you could hear them at my work. Constantly complaining about how the new trucks are “too nice” and they need to make them like the older ones again.... it’s really sad people can’t see how much better they have it than they used to
Sounds like Chevy picked their market to go after...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I remember when the last redo of the Silverado came out a few years ago, everyone said it was a dud in light of the all new, all aluminum TTV6 ford. It wasn't good enough. It wasn't revolutionary enough... But yet it's held it's own in sales.

Misplaced brand loyalty. Like Toyota Camry continually being the best-selling sedan. Until the new redesign, it was not a competitive vehicle but has so much loyalty and perception momentum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info