2016 Diesel Colorado will start at $31,700,

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Great. . Now well have asshats trying to haul fifth wheels with diesel s10s

Fuck dude when I was young and in college the guy I worked for had an 82 Dat Diesel truck. Actually about 10 of them for parts (yeah I know, A&E type shit.) Almost got killed when it pushed me 200 foot through a light with the brakes locked up. Had an 83 Regal on the back that had to weigh shit 800lbs more than it did and that was before the 16 foot steel trailer!

He did all sorts of scrap runs with it, and had a few mishaps but not a ton. I remember one time he told me he threw it on the Cat scales to see how off the scrap yard scales were. Everything tipped at 18,000. With some of the shit I'd seen him haul I believe it too.

ED:pardon threadjack, that's badass. My buddy's looking into a Colorado with the highway mpg it may make for an awesome commuter. Still scared of Diesel implications with Chicago winters.

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
These Colorado's and Canyon's are great and way nicer than the older versions. Biggest issue is more often than not, I can sell a Silverado with more options for the same price or less !!

I know these are traditionally 2 different types of buyers, and I can't keep a Crew Cab Colorado Z71 or LT in stock to save my life, but damn...

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah I'll just go ahead and place me order, because I'm just going to assume that it'll tow my 40' Freedom trailer...

e75db052490e673c71c0b2b8b888ac62.jpg

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
So I've been 1/2 way in the market for a new truck. I was fairly set on a new RAM 1500. I have been eyeballing the Colorado and Canyon's though. Price range to be right around $30K is what I'm willing to do.
Anyways a buddy of my picked up a new Colorado and I checked it out last weekend. It pretty much sold me on wanting that over the 1500 at this point. He had the 4 door cab with standard options in it. I'm looking into the Z71's. It was super roomy, tons of back seat room, comfortable, touch screen display with backup camers, etc, etc, etc.... It would serve the same purpose for me that the 1500 would (bed for bikes, motorcycles, lumber, etc.). I can get a pretty well loaded one for the same price as a less than loaded 1500. It doesn't have the V8 but a still fairly stout V6. A bit easier on the wallet as far as gas would go also.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Rated at 305hp I believe is what I read. That's way more than the what my current 2.4L puts out. Plus with it being just a tiny bit smaller, it's easier to get around and can park almost anywhere. And I do mean tiny bit smaller. Although not taller than the RAM 1500, everything else if fairly close. It's the largest of the "mid size" pickups.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
just seems they outpriced themselves on these to me. I'll be getting into a truck this spring again and if you look the pricing between the Colorado and silverado its lunacy. especially if you look at 1500s with incentives. seems there are very few for the Colorado and plenty for 1500.. but i guess thats for a reason too. but the fact the midsize market has shrunk to only a few mfgs helps too, so if you want a mid size, your gonna pay for it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
just seems they outpriced themselves on these to me. I'll be getting into a truck this spring again and if you look the pricing between the Colorado and silverado its lunacy. especially if you look at 1500s with incentives. seems there are very few for the Colorado and plenty for 1500.. but i guess thats for a reason too. but the fact the midsize market has shrunk to only a few mfgs helps too, so if you want a mid size, your gonna pay for it.

but to a lot of buyers size doesn't equal value

like marco here, he doesn't necessarily want a battleship of a truck.

the colorado's are going to hold their value better than the 1500's id be willing to bet as well, because the market isn't being absolutely flooded with them

just like how used suburbans are cheaper than used tahoes even though burbs cost more new

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
As far as price goes for these, I've found that an identically equipped Canyon is a decent bit cheaper than the Colorado.

that's pretty crazy, typically the gmc counterparts are more

I've actually been considering a 07+ Avalanche even. you can fit full size sheets of plywood in the bed, covered with the back seats down. that, is utility. different goals for each truck though.

what sucks about avalanches is you get RAPED on insurance.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:tmyk: why do you think that is?

the insurance part?

because they don't share a lot of body parts with other stuff... with silverado's and burb's there are millions running around to keep replacement costs down... with avalanches, there aren't anywhere as many, so replacement parts are higher...

we had a guy when i was at the body shop almost have his escalade ext (same thing) totalled out because a tree fell on the tonneau cover bed area and tool boxes... the tool boxes were STUPID expensive from gm, and to replace them, we wound up buying an entire quarter panel from a junk yard... just for the boxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info