2016-2017 NFL Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
really surprised havent seen anything about forte

My Packers friend has been sending me every little piece of news she gets on a Forte to Packers possibility :rofl: if he is truly going there, they are usually fairly quiet about their acquisitions, so it would make sense and Forte is a consummate professional, and would probably keep any and all talks quiet

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
My Packers friend has been sending me every little piece of news she gets on a Forte to Packers possibility :rofl: if he is truly going there, they are usually fairly quiet about their acquisitions, so it would make sense and Forte is a consummate professional, and would probably keep any and all talks quiet

I see it as highly possible specially w/peppers there.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I see it as highly possible specially w/peppers there.

It make some sense, but it also doesn't...they have Lacy, a legitimate #1 RB...Lacy is cheap, still on his rookie contract, but to me it makes very little sense to bring him on.

On the other hand, Forte would be absolutely devastating in their offense. Because Forte can run, catch, and block, he would just thrive in that offense with Rodgers....if he and Rodgers can develop a rapport, look out.

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
Jun 23, 2011
Bartlett, IL
It make some sense, but it also doesn't...they have Lacy, a legitimate #1 RB...Lacy is cheap, still on his rookie contract, but to me it makes very little sense to bring him on.

On the other hand, Forte would be absolutely devastating in their offense. Because Forte can run, catch, and block, he would just thrive in that offense with Rodgers....if he and Rodgers can develop a rapport, look out.

Well starks is also a FA right now.. would make sense to sign forte more than starks since he was a fumbling machine last yr.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
Packers rbs split carries like 60/40 last year. Some of that was because injury but they really don't try to give anyone a million carries. Forte could also want to be on a team with superbowl aspirations. If he wants to be the #1 guy I agree he is looking in the wrong place.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Busy day at work but I'm trying to catch NFL updates when I can.

Lacy and Forte would be 1A and 1B with Lacy handling short yardage, 1st and 2nd downs and Forte handling passing situations and 3rd downs.

I think Forte would be the cream in that committee and he would eventually rise to the top. Depends if Lacy gets serious about his weight loss program.

Waiting to hear confirmation on Trevathan. Reliable news sources have been afraid to post anything on that one. Trevathan did tweet some obscure comment about life being in God's hands.

I'd like to see the Bears get him and Akiem Hicks today. That would be a great day's worth of pick ups for the DEF.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Busy day at work but I'm trying to catch NFL updates when I can.

Lacy and Forte would be 1A and 1B with Lacy handling short yardage, 1st and 2nd downs and Forte handling passing situations and 3rd downs.

I think Forte would be the cream in that committee and he would eventually rise to the top. Depends if Lacy gets serious about his weight loss program.

Waiting to hear confirmation on Trevathan. Reliable news sources have been afraid to post anything on that one. Trevathan did tweet some obscure comment about life being in God's hands.

I'd like to see the Bears get him and Akiem Hicks today. That would be a great day's worth of pick ups for the DEF.

Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 12m12 minutes ago

Source: Bears are one of 12 teams interested in coveted DE Akiem Hicks, who is not expected to sign today. Bears 2016 Free Agency Tracker: Latest News & Updates « CBS Chicago

Doesn't look like Hicks is signing today, but who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info