2014 Chicago Auto Show: What to Expect

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
Went last night. Had a great time. Drank to much, eat to much. I think I even saw Steve McMichale, Dan Hampton and Otis Wilson on stage singing.......Someone pm me how to post pics please, I think I have some. Don't know, head hurts to much.......lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Any pics of the z06?

z06 was sick.

the girl in front of it was super cool too.

I don't even want to type these words... but... i sort of liked the chrysler 200.

what in the fuck.

i was impressed by it though. i liked how it looked- i liked the interior...

also- the MKZ's... yep. reaffirmed that i like them a lot. they are awesome looking to me.

ats was cool.. but i'd rather be in an a4 for the money, or mkz and have money left over...

srt8 300c is so awesome.... chevy ss felt MEH to me. no fucks given.

the caterprillar ram single cab dualie was awesome

i would rock the fuck out of a new amg anything i'm pretty sure.

loved the cts-v wagon. so sick.

really liked the all white ram with the black wheels- looked good.

new chevy trucks didn't do much for me- new colorado looks awesome- especially gmc's canyon.

mitsubishi booth loooked like someone called in a bomb threat... wasn't a soul in it.

and i saw :kasky:

:fy:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:wackit:

Dually-Case-Work-Truck.png

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
We went Weds during the day, was not crowded at all, was quite pleasant.

RAM trucks went all out with some pretty baller-ass trucks for sure, Fords Dyno demo was a nice touch for the Mustang, and Mini's BRAND NEW cooper was on the floor and unlocked, and no one gave two fucks :bowrofl:

The interior is improved for sure, but the outside is a total step backwards from the R56 cars... Plenty of people in their booth pawing over the roadster and convertible, ZERO fucks given for the new car, not a good sign.

The brand new navigator was on the floor too, again, no fucks given by anyone.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the ford dyno demo was kinda lame to me. the rollers were louder than the car where I was standing and they kept touting how cool it was that the car just spun to 143 mph.

Yes it was 'lame' in the sense that it was just a dyno pull, I just thought it was a nice touch, something unique that I haven't seen done at a convention like this before (Albeit it probably has).

On a side-note, the Toyota booth was SOO boring, that it repelled me from walking into that area.... COMPLETELY forgot about the FT-1/Supra being buried back in there until after I left.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes it was 'lame' in the sense that it was just a dyno pull, I just thought it was a nice touch, something unique that I haven't seen done at a convention like this before (Albeit it probably has).

On a side-note, the Toyota booth was SOO boring, that it repelled me from walking into that area.... COMPLETELY forgot about the FT-1/Supra being buried back in there until after I left.

Oh I agree. it was different for sure and definitely had :nutz: all around the thing humpin' it.

i don't think I even walked into the Toyota booth because of the boredom it appeared to ensue. and yeah... i also forgot about the ft-1 beying buried.

i did sit in the new evo though... 43K dollars of somewhat neat.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Oh I agree. it was different for sure and definitely had :nutz: all around the thing humpin' it.

i don't think I even walked into the Toyota booth because of the boredom it appeared to ensue. and yeah... i also forgot about the ft-1 beying buried.

They asked for someone to show their mustang keys to sit in it during the pull, and a younger guy pulled his keys to an 03 Cobra. The announcer asked him after "How did it feel", and the kid responded "Slow", Had me LOL.

I do like the Evo, just not $40k+ like it. Their booth was EMPTY, like 2 people in it, they were touting they were the best selling car to Hispanics or some crap like that on the Windows, and the announcer was saying everything in English and Spanish...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007

KJ we always go in Toyota and look at the FJ. It's a game for us to find the one thing they changed since last year. lol

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

I loved Ram's area. I was SWANGIN hard from those 3500s.

the ford dyno demo was kinda lame to me. the rollers were louder than the car where I was standing and they kept touting how cool it was that the car just spun to 143 mph.

You gotta remember, we know what a dyno pull is. Most regular people think that's a really cool, rare thing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The 14 CTSV there??!??

yep. the wagon version was fucking sexy. had some bright polished wheels (not chrome at all) and looked sooo good.

they had a coupe as well... may have had a 4 door but i forget.

had all of the v-sport stuff there too- including the xts vsport... would drive.

They asked for someone to show their mustang keys to sit in it during the pull, and a younger guy pulled his keys to an 03 Cobra. The announcer asked him after "How did it feel", and the kid responded "Slow", Had me LOL.

I do like the Evo, just not $40k+ like it. Their booth was EMPTY, like 2 people in it, they were touting they were the best selling car to Hispanics or some crap like that on the Windows, and the announcer was saying everything in English and Spanish...

:rofl:

KJ we always go in Toyota and look at the FJ. It's a game for us to find the one thing they changed since last year. lol

ya i forgot... i was surprised they didn't have an FJ climibing the toyota off road course like everything else they did.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info