🤝 Sold 2009 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Here is a 2009 Expedition Eddie Bauer with the 5.4L (300hp) 3v and 6 spd automatic with 158K miles. It has all power options, heated and cooled front seats, 2 zone climate control with rear ht/ac, steering wheel controls, rear back up camera, premium radio with Sirius and Bluetooth capabilities, power fold 3rd row seats, power adjustable driver's pedals, DVD player, power liftgate, power rear quarter windows, universal garage-door opener, rain-sensing wipers and heavy trailer tow option incl working rear air suspension.

I bought last winter as my "beater" after selling my Fusion Energi because I needed 4wd and more seats. I got it off of Copart sight unseen expecting a lot of issues but was willing to take the chance because the prices for Expeditions/Navigators locally. It arrived from downstate and was one of the few cars that didn't need a jump to start from sitting and I immediately started driving it as my daily. Initial parts replaced were blower motor resistor and thermostat (Motorcraft) because blower fan ran on high and heat wasn't hot on the coldest days. I noticed a tendency for the truck to fishtail under hard braking so replaced the front/rear pads, rotors, calipers and brake hoses (Advance) and it stopped straight and pedal feel was firm. I noticed when at operating temp the engine would sometimes idle rough and trigger a CEL for miss so replaced spark plugs, coils, heater hoses, valve cover gaskets and VCT solenoids (Motorcraft) then I had Ford do an 5w/20 oil change and a transmission fluid change with new filter and gasket. Engine ran much better and shifts were crisp but still noticed an occasional rough idle so read online that 5w-30 oil can help these mod engines run better and that was what they originally ran but Ford changed to 5w-20 for fuel economy but the lighter weight can cause issues with worn higher mile timing components. I switched to 10w-40 and engine has ran like a top since with no CEL's or noises. Truck has been my daily since buying driving it every single day from extremes of -10F with 18 inches of snow (4wd) to the 101F days in summer.

The good:
No dents or visible rust, clean interior, good BF AT tires coupled with 4wd plow through the toughest unplowed streets. All options except those noted below work and replacement parts are relatively cheap. It can get 21 mpg on highway at 65 mph and carry 7 people or fold flat 2nd/3rd seats can accommodate a lot of cargo. It can tow trailers up to 9K with ease with 4 and 7 pin trailer connectors and with air suspension no sagging.

The issues:
All rocker panels behind doors are rusted ugly but you only see it with doors open. On hottest days AC took time to get cabin cool so had freon evacuated and system tested for leaks (none) and recharged and vent temp stayed the same but wasn't big problem for me so stopped there. Can hear the front and rear blend doors make noise sometimes when they adjust. The rear hatch has the typical paint bubbling and pealing in spots from the aluminum hatch. Driver's power seat is inop but fortunately for me where it is stopped is perfect for me.

Price is $4400 located in Chicago contact Joe at (773) 879-zero681 or rowekmr(at)aol.com

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
IMG_9063.JPG
IMG_9068.JPG
IMG_9069.JPG
IMG_9076.JPG
IMG_9092.JPG
IMG_9073.JPG
IMG_9078.JPG
IMG_9107.JPG