2008 Ram 3500 Rejuvenation

Outlaw

Reaction score
Did some work on the truck the past week so I figured I'd make a thread. Prepped, primed and painted the bed, re-did the wiring and added new LED lights all around and bought a new compressor/generator combo for it. I'm looking for 24.5's currently because I'm an idiot.

Some of this is a duplicate of the other thread but I've had this truck long enough so I figure I'll make a separate one.

Day I bought it from auction.

I cut the rack system off and removed the boxes.

And then tinted the windows myself (always wanted to try it, came out about as good as you'd expect) and added a sport grille (white/black instead of chrome)

With the welder.

Doing auction things.

Doing oil field things in Kansas

At 11,000 ft. in Colorado

Added wheel simulators to the shitty steel wheels

And then removed the tank/box to put in one of the other trucks.

Decided I wanted to redo the bed, something I'd been wanting to do since I got it.

Rusty metal primer

Cut the rack down and 1st coat of color.

2nd coat and lights installed.

And the new compressor.

Compressor is a Speedaire 30 gallon with a 13 horsepower honda. 16 CFM @ 175 psi and 4k watt generator.

Next is some side boxes, hose/power cord reels under the bed and Alcoa's.

These are the exact wheels, however there will be a fair amount more tire than those rubber bands.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Thanks!

Compressor is bolted down now too, strap was just to get it home lol.

Outlaw

Reaction score
I'm trying to get this truck 100% done before the fall when I plan to buy another new one, I'll be keeping this one (company truck) so I want it to be 100% before I want to start putting money into the new one. But this thing has been dead nuts reliable in the 24,000 miles I've put on it since November of '17 when I got it and a perfect vehicle to hold me over after selling the 2013 F-350 until the next one comes in.

I want to put my company name on it, but, I like to have flashy shit for that purpose so that's where the big wheels and good body condition kinda come into play...

Outlaw

Reaction score
Thanks man! I love this truck. I wish interiors weren't so expensive for them or I'd be looking to swap a Laramie interior in. It's clean and has all power options (SLT) but it's still a work truck interor at the end of the day...

This is when I cleaned it up right when I got it. It's full of tools and pretty much looks like it did when I bought it again though lmao.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Paint compressor to match and also put a big ole C sticker on it cause trender

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
nah i love it. the rejewvanation is going well

truck would look better on its way back from east troy wisconsin with a 6.5 super duty bed strapped down ready for delivery though

Outlaw

Reaction score
I considered painting the compressor lol, dunno about a big black tank baking in the sun with 175 PSI of air in it though lol

Outlaw

Reaction score
nah i love it. the rejewvanation is going well

truck would look better on its way back from east troy wisconsin with a 6.5 super duty bed strapped down ready for delivery though
If I end up having to head your way anytime soon I will let ya know, there’s always a possibility I’ll be heading that way.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Hose reel mounted.

Tracked down some nice used Highway Products boxes, should be on this week after a polish.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Boxes mounted. Also changed my mind on the hose reel after realizing that it would fit inside the box. I'm going to get an extension cord reel as well. Zero organization so far, I've got a craftsman center section box laying around I'm crossing my fingers will fit in one of these. If it fits in the hose reel box I'll be happier than shit.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Omg so much money in Dem boxes... I could never leave that thing parked anywhere

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
So what's the point of this rig? You doing side work with it or something? It looks a TON better than it started, I've seen some of your updates on FB since we're besties and all. :hay:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom