2003 911 Turbo

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
And then...

I'm a busy man!

Ok, I threw it on a Komet Motorsport's Mustang Dyno to see if my shift points are correct and it put down some decent numbers for the tiny stock K16 turbos.

482whp and 483wtq on 93 octane tune.

bguucp.jpg

ab3xu8.jpg

Video of one of the runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKtSMbO5W4

Not super exciting, but the car moves pretty good for a lightly modded 15 year old pile.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
From what I remember reading, those are pretty stout numbers for the stock turbos. And let's not forget that one of the best things about these engines are the broad torque curve they have. It gets these cars moving quickly.

The car looks great too with the stance and wheels.

lol, never.

replacing a legendary Mezger engine for a ls1. :rofl: You'd have to be out of your mind to do that. lmao

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
From what I remember reading, those are pretty stout numbers for the stock turbos. And let's not forget that one of the best things about these engines are the broad torque curve they have. It gets these cars moving quickly.

The car looks great too with the stance and wheels.

replacing a legendary Mezger engine for a ls1. :rofl: You'd have to be out of your mind to do that. lmao

Yea, some of the highest out there. That's with catted 2.5in exhaust too. On a cooler day that would help intercoolers and a going catless it should easily hit 500.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm a busy man!

Ok, I threw it on a Komet Motorsport's Mustang Dyno to see if my shift points are correct and it put down some decent numbers for the tiny stock K16 turbos.

482whp and 483wtq on 93 octane tune.

bguucp.jpg

ab3xu8.jpg

Video of one of the runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WKtSMbO5W4

Not super exciting, but the car moves pretty good for a lightly modded 15 year old pile.

I obviously don't know how Kurt tested your car, but I had Komet dyno a stock car for work, and when the whp numbers came back the same as engine rated numbers, I reached out to Mustang regarding accuracy. Their team contacted Kurt about re-testing and running configuration parameters (coast down for that particular car, and not using weather correction factors for a turbo engine). When we re-tested using Mustang's guidance on the setup, it came back with lower numbers that more closely reflected parasitic losses and stock power.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
I obviously don't know how Kurt tested your car, but I had Komet dyno a stock car for work, and when the whp numbers came back the same as engine rated numbers, I reached out to Mustang regarding accuracy. Their team contacted Kurt about re-testing and running configuration parameters (coast down for that particular car, and not using weather correction factors for a turbo engine). When we re-tested using Mustang's guidance on the setup, it came back with lower numbers that more closely reflected parasitic losses and stock power.

If it made unrealistic numbers I would definitely be skeptical. The fact is it consistently out MPH'd a brand new R8 (10.9 @ 128mph) last month at a half mile event, and was only a few mph behind a modded 991 Turbo S.

Again, I didn't throw it on a dyno for some bragging rights number. I wanted to see if I was shifting at the proper RPM. I'm much more interested in how it runs down the 1/4 and 1/2 mile with other cars.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I bet he is having more fun per week with his Dragy and making passes than most people on here. haha

Vogz, exactly dyno numbers are not everything. As long as it performs on the road and track as you like, then it doesn't matter. But like you said, those dyno numbers and half mile MPH seem to show the car is making use of those little turbos pretty well.

Thread Info