2003 1500HD 6.0 Crew Cab Quadrasteer 6'6" ebay find

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Then it should change with the tow/haul button. Fucking GM.

Why would the 6L have the same pah as the 5.3? Thought there was like a 50 horsepowers difference. You think loss from the 4l80?

i thought 03 6.0 is like 300hp and 04 5.3 is 295hp... :dunno:

and yeah drivetrain loss from beefy ass 4l80e/driveshaft/bigass rear end/heavy ass wheels and tires/etc etc blah blah

jg 1500hd

Jan 20, 2016
I just don't get why its so aggressive on this truck. Ive driven a shit ton of GM trucks and SUVs and never felt it this limiting. Must be a quadraqueer thing.

I've had a canned tune from black bear performance which removed the majority of the torque management and then went to a banks ottomind programmer. Both had improvements but I actually liked the banks shifting best. Last May I just went all in and put an edelbrock e-force supercharger on - problem forever solved. The link to 'Making a 1500HD Quadrasteer Mine' a few pages back is my truck through the mods on fullsizechevy.com.

One thing you may also be noticing is the difference in 1st gear ratios between the 4l60E (3.06) vs. that of the 4l80e (2.48). There's nothing special about the tune for the engine on the quadrasteers.

Also, the Dana 60 is just a limited slip so all the crap on the internet about needing to change the oil regularly on quadrasteers is just people not accounting for the clutches with either Amsoil which doesn't need any friction modifer or adding the GM stuff if you use other oil. Internally, the spider gears don't care if it is 4 wheel steering or not.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
it'd be interesting to dyno my 07 4.8 that i've read is 285hp, your 04 5.3 at 295, and your 03 6.0 all with different shit goin' on.

Ya I was thinking LQ9, stupid 03. Ill have to fix that with an LSA whiney power steering pump. :noes:

I've had a canned tune from black bear performance which removed the majority of the torque management and then went to a banks ottomind programmer. Both had improvements but I actually liked the banks shifting best. Last May I just went all in and put an edelbrock e-force supercharger on - problem forever solved. The link to 'Making a 1500HD Quadrasteer Mine' a few pages back is my truck through the mods on fullsizechevy.com.

One thing you may also be noticing is the difference in 1st gear ratios between the 4l60E (3.06) vs. that of the 4l80e (2.48). There's nothing special about the tune for the engine on the quadrasteers.

Also, the Dana 60 is just a limited slip so all the crap on the internet about needing to change the oil regularly on quadrasteers is just people not accounting for the clutches with either Amsoil which doesn't need any friction modifer or adding the GM stuff if you use other oil. Internally, the spider gears don't care if it is 4 wheel steering or not.

Yeah what I am feeling is typically in 2nd gear, regardless, Ill see if the tune fixes. Ill probably have them do a full custom tune when I get efans and who knows, maybe a blower. Yeah Im an Amsoil guy so it will be getting that treatment soon enough. Amsoil does have a modifier for LSD's though, used it in my camaro last diff fluid change.

jg 1500hd

Jan 20, 2016
Yeah I know Amsoil has it - just isn't required, at least mine hasn't chattered -

"AMSOIL Severe Gear Synthetic 75W-90 (SVG)
contains all limited slip characteristics required by
Dana for QUADRASTEER differentials. AMSOIL
Severe Gear Synthetic 75W-90 is recommended
for GM specification #9986115 and should be
used as a replacement for GM part numbers
#1238557 (USA), or #88901362 (Canada).
AMSOIL limited slip additive (ADA) should only
be added if differential chatter occurs."

https://www.amsoil.com/techservices...GM Steerable Rear Axle Lubricant Revision.pdf

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So the 03 LQ4 had some funky enrichment table per Jim at Speed. Fucking night and day difference with the tune. The 18" magnaflow muffler sounds perfect. Deep rumble at idle, nice a gurgly. Not deafening during acceleration and only a little drone over stock at highway speeds. But, I probably wont even hear it since it is at Linex doing a sound deadening undercoating and Im going to dynamat this thing in spring. On that note, the interior has a few more imperfections than I want, I want to swap it for black or the dark gray color. Plus the drivers seat up/down is broken. Keep a lookout for seats and shit for me during your craigslist adventures por favor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info