2000 Honda Elite CH80 Scooter

Upgraded today to something a bit bigger (125cc Vino), and am looking to move our white elite to a new home.

For sale I have an excellent condition Honda Elite Scooter. Never been down, needs nothing. Has new tires, new air filter, new battery, new mirrors and even a cell phone holder, ready to ride for the season!

Drove all last season and have since upgraded to something bigger, wouldn't hesitate to take this anywhere.... Granted at 40mph, but it would get there doing 100mpg!

Looking for $1000, again, needs nothing, rides excellently, maintenance is all performed.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I can't believe I'm even asking this, but do you need an M license to drive this?

No M class for under 150cc

Technically there is some kind of L certificate you are supposed to get for between 50 and 150, but [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] rode all last year without one, and the scooter was insured and titled under her with no issues.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
You would have an issue if a cop pulled you over though.

Getting a L or M license is a breeze anyway.

I REALLY Doubt a cop would give you a hard time about a L cert if you were on a sub 150cc scooter... why would he pull you over to begin with? Speeding? :bowrofl:

You'd just say "I thought I didn't need one because it's under 150cc", the L thing was introduced mid 00's wasn't it? It's why Mfg's switched to 50cc power plants by 2006.

Shit; you may be able to take your M class on this scooter? I'll have to google that.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Did the license test on my Buell. Easy as fuuuuuuuuck. Old guy in front of me on a big ass Harley failed 3 times and finally the guy running the show told him to park it and went inside.

Doing the test on a Moped would be an absolute joke.

I did mine on a 225cc Dual sport with knobby tires at the state; was a little challenging, but yes, would be a joke on a scooter.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Does it come with the trunk?

:bowrofl:

Wanna go for the pair of them? Or don't wanna deal with the bearing on the black one?

In all seriousness, the Trunk doesn't work on the new one due to the location of its gas cap (and it has under-seat storage anyways), so if you make your way back out here any time soon you can have it.

Or for a potential new buyer, it comes with the white scooter. :jg:

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
:bowrofl:

Wanna go for the pair of them? Or don't wanna deal with the bearing on the black one?

In all seriousness, the Trunk doesn't work on the new one due to the location of its gas cap (and it has under-seat storage anyways), so if you make your way back out here any time soon you can have it.

Or for a potential new buyer, it comes with the white scooter. :jg:

A little of both. Seeing if the lady wants it instead of using mine.

Thread Info