Netflix 1899 - From The Creators of Dark

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Shit, forgot about this, will start it one of these days.
braveheart-mel-gibson.gif

• Haha
Reactions: VenomousDSG

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Oh yeah. Watched eps 5 and 6 last night. This show is so fucking weird. And I don't even know if its weird in a good way anymore. They START to kinda give you clues, but there's still so many questions. This show does not quite have the same impact Dark did, but I'll try and finish it up tonight, hopefully they actually reveal some shit and dont just save everything for a second season that might not happen

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
I’ll preface that I’ve never seen Dark, so didn’t really know what I was getting myself into. The preview looked good so I started watching it a few hours ago and just started episode 5.

Overall it’s okay, but I’m losing interest fast. I’m going to finish it, hell maybe even tonight since I don’t work tomorrow. But things are getting too far out there and starting to feel like a cheap SYFY TV movie IMO. It seems they are just throwing shit in that doesn’t work for no reason other than to make you say WTF. Maybe they’ll pull it all together in the end, but idk.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
So yeah, finished this up last night. The last 2 episodes are a wild ride :ROFLMAO:

All I will say is I hope this show gets a 2nd season, because the ending just opens up a whole new bag of WTF IS GOIN ON

Seeing much more of the bigger picture now, I can't tell if this show is genius, or just really stupid :LOL: this show is like the matrix, westworld, and event horizon all got together and smoked a bunch of weed

Lets hope we get a season 2

Once you finish the show up you're gonna need this.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Finished this today and as expected was let down. It tried way too hard to do too many things at once.

I loved the first half. I thought the characters were great and the different language barriers was very unique. The story really had me interested as well until about episode 5 when it got stupid. This would have been GREAT as a horror series (similar to ghostship), but instead is just underwhelming.

i can definitely see there being a season 2 and I won’t be watching.
To each their own though!

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Finished this today and as expected was let down. It tried way too hard to do too many things at once.

I loved the first half. I thought the characters were great and the different language barriers was very unique. The story really had me interested as well until about episode 5 when it got stupid. This would have been GREAT as a horror series (similar to ghostship), but instead is just underwhelming.

i can definitely see there being a season 2 and I won’t be watching.
To each their own though!

With you not having seen Dark I can understand that reaction :ROFLMAO: That show reprograms your brain. And then completely breaks it. Which for me was part of the appeal of this show, I was constantly thinking back to dark and all the ways it fucked with you trying to see if they would apply any of that in this show. My brain was constantly working on theories. Sadly tho this show is actually a bit tamer than Dark was and doesn't quite earn it's mindfucks in the same way Dark did, but some of the twists did still surprise me and while they didnt really rehack anything from Dark (which was actually kinda nice), if you watched Dark you could definitely feel the DNA deep in the bones of this show.

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info