Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Christian did good too imo 20180718_202104.jpg

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I feel like i'm on trial but essentially what I said a few posts up...I mean "best of all time" is going to vary person to person.

For me, its a movie I can watch countless times and not be bored. Story is hugely important BUT it doesnt need to be super deep to always be amazing. It can easily be simple but told in a smart way, if that makes sense.

Dialog is big for me. A movie can be great but quickly ruined by shitty dialog which in turn delivers a shitty performance from an actor. Also needs to have a true ending..it can have sequels and whatever, but it needs to have a satisfying conclusion....and for that matter, is needs to have a solid first, second and final act - so good flow. A lot of movies start strong and then spiral by trying to cram too much story or character backstory which weighs it down. You can turn that around too....some movies spend the first hour or more hand holding and making sure EVERYTHING has a back story and then when it finally gets good, you only get a taste.

I'm SUPER picky with movies and like things that others might strongly disagree with (see me and Sprayin squabbling).

I dont think there is a set criteria, if you want the cliff note version.

But I do feel in another 10 years, TDK will still be referenced as a game changer.

To add and help justify as one of, if not the #1 super hero films, is the movie can also be argued as one of the top tier villain films too (exceeds in both roles).

They don't.

Shut up.

Stop being a mentally challenged twink for a few minutes and pass the cherry coke.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Juan - has nothing to do with the movies.

John Rambo is more skilled and versitile than Marcus Aurelius.

Considering the tools available to each character:

The Dark Knight has an endless budget and alien type tech for weapons and the infamous belt.

Rambo had uzis and fully auto Ak47

Gladiator had a sword

Gladiator > Dark Knight > Rambo

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I've lost count of how many times ive watched this movie in the last 10 years. It's just one of those must watch movies whenever its on.

Patton Oswalt had a theory about the jokers backstory that I absolutely LOVE.

“I just re-watched ‘The Dark Knight’ and another wrinkle came to mind about The Joker: What if he’s not only ex-military, but ex-military intelligence? Specifically — interrogation? He seems to be very good at the kind of mind-fuckery that sustained, professional interrogation requires. His boast about how ‘I know the squealers’ when he sees one. The way he adjusts his personality and methods depending on who he’s talking to, and knowing exactly the reaction he’ll get.”

I may just have to rewatch my 4k bluray of this movie this weekend. Again.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
As long as we can agree Keaton was the best Batman I’ll accept this

Kevin Conroy is the best batman followed by Adam West. Though I would accept Adam West as the Best Batman. Conroy is Drama, and West is Humor.

I will also give Peter Weller 4 stars for his performance as Batman in The Dark Knight Returns two parter.

But I was not disappointed with Keaton's batman.

Christian Bale is a pale imitation of the two.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info