Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008

We're 5 years into this thread
Well, it appears Mike and I were largely correct and the entire rest of the group got this wrong.
You don't need much public charging for electric. I've used a supercharger twice this year. I charge at home.
Every manufacture has announced massive electric plans and largely abandoned ICE development.
Tesla has manufacturing solved and the rest of the world is now emulating them. They are limited by production and this has increased pricing but it will come down.

By 2025, it appears we'll be about at crossing point of more EVs sold than ICE here in the US.
I think people should think about WHY they got this wrong. Adjust the way you think about technology and things you 'feel'. Learn to be more analytical. It will serve your life endeavors well...

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
What's stopping it? 20 - 30 years before ICE doesn't represent the majority of sales? I'd say it's closer to 5. ......

.....My guess is within 5 years electric is capturing at least 50% of the major automotive markets and almost all of the short haul new purchases (buses, UPS trucks, etc). It will trickle down as it is now with the last segments to switch over being the ultra-cheap economy cars .....

Save this post. Print it and stick it on your fridge and if in 5 years I'm more wrong than I am right, you can shame me. I won't be though.

jim-halpert-the-office.gif

excited finding nemo GIF

GOOD MORNING M Mike K

Well, it appears Mike and I were largely correct and the entire rest of the group got this wrong.
You don't need much public charging for electric. I've used a supercharger twice this year. I charge at home.
Every manufacture has announced massive electric plans and largely abandoned ICE development.
Tesla has manufacturing solved and the rest of the world is now emulating them. They are limited by production and this has increased pricing but it will come down.

By 2025, it appears we'll be about at crossing point of more EVs sold than ICE here in the US.
I think people should think about WHY they got this wrong. Adjust the way you think about technology and things you 'feel'. Learn to be more analytical. It will serve your life endeavors well...
Uhh, ok. I'm not rethinking a damn thing.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

largely correct, also largely wrong, but, whatever :rofl:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
largely correct, also largely wrong, but, whatever :rofl:
They will never admit it though. It's clear as day they were off on their prophecy. ICE engines have decades of life left. Even more progressive states like California and NY won't outlaw them until 2035. That's almost 20 years from when both of their original positions were posted here.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Come on now, I'm all for admitting that the market is shifting and did 5 years ago but YOU clearly got it wrong. Additionally, unless you had a crystal ball or time machine you'd have no way of knowing that the US Government was going to invest trillions via IIJA and IRA that significantly impacts EV adoption.

Adjust your humility and learn to be admit when your views weren't factual...it will serve your life endeavors well.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info