06 Daily Driver GP GT

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
So.. I just picked up this 06 GT. Decent car, pretty much loaded. Runs and drives great, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Front end feels a tad sloppy, is the rack a common failure part in this car? If not, is there a front suspension "kit" that does the whole front end?

2. I've been looking for information pertaining to the factory remote start. I Can't find much. I want know if there is a way to increase the amount of run time while it runs/warms up? It seems like it only runs for 5 mins-ish before it shuts down.

3. Upper Intake gasket seems to be pretty clean.. However, there is signs of oil under the car. What are the most common places for oil leaks on these cars?

TIA, Any help is appreciated. IMG_4793.JPG

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
1. check the tie rods those seem to go around 100k

2. not sure, there may be a way to change it through the DIC but not sure on that.

3. oil pan gaskets seep and valve covers seep. both pretty easy to do in the driveway.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
i had to put a rack in my 04. but that was because the bypass lines sprung a leak.

oil leaks... oil pan, valve covers, timing cover, rear main, all common

Jdiding

I has the dumb
Reaction score
did you pay 200 for that car ? just seen a post on the facebook pages about one just like it

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
No, lol. I drove out to South Bend, IN for it. I found it on CL.

Thanks for the input on the other stuff, Guys! I will for sure look into the things suggested and update the post when I have solid Answers

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love it. Best DD ever. Love mine

burtgtp1973

Reaction score
Thanks! It is pretty clean...it has 153K on it. Drives straight, idles smooth. Just has some slight play in the steering wheel. Could a bad wheel bearing cause that? I do think it has a bad wheel bearing. Left front.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom